FlricordiaZFA growout updates here.

flricordia

Instead of the two threads on the Nightmares and Rainbows I will keep it all here.
Nightmare polyp count at 54
Rainbows-47
Will do pics later this weekend if everyone behaves themselves.

debbie

You know some of us have a green thumb for gardening but Flricordia has the most amazing green thumb for any and all Rics and Zoas, I just love looking at his pics. Would love to know how he keeps them all looking so good.

flricordia

couple pics. I am about to frag the Nightmares down to the final mounts. That will be 12, 10 for each buyer and one for myself and one for CFR. I will use 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 inch aragonite mounts so they will have room to spread. I would like to use the 1" round plugs but by the time spring rolls around they may be overgrown. The aragonite are easy to chisel under the polyps without damaging them and refragging them once you get them should be easy. These are the square tiles.
This time I will use gloves. I fragged some protopalys earlier in the week barehanded (I don't usually have problems with zoanthius and palythoas) but this time they got me. My knife slipped and cut my thumb and I got protopaly slim in the cut. It was a small cut that barely bled, but all week the pain was unreal.
Take care when working with any zoanthids.

flricordia

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/2848748
You know some of us have a green thumb for gardening but Flricordia has the most amazing green thumb for any and all Rics and Zoas, I just love looking at his pics. Would love to know how he keeps them all looking so good.

Seems mostly just a sore thumb.

flricordia

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2848407
what the heck man i have like 24 and ive had em longer than you?? are you sure your not a zoa god?
Wish I was, but there are meny that I envy at how fast their zoanthids grow under their care.
Do you feed them? Makes a big difference in most zoanthids and thier growth.

debbie

Oh how I only wished that I lived near you for some of those wonderful frags. But I just have to settle with what I can get here in Canada.
Nice pics........

Sorry to hear about the thumb, good to know how toxic they really can be.

jpc763

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2848809
couple pics. I am about to frag the Nightmares down to the final mounts. That will be 12, 10 for each buyer and one for myself and one for CFR. I will use 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 inch aragonite mounts so they will have room to spread. I would like to use the 1" round plugs but by the time spring rolls around they may be overgrown. The aragonite are easy to chisel under the polyps without damaging them and refragging them once you get them should be easy. These are the square tiles.
This time I will use gloves. I fragged some protopalys earlier in the week barehanded (I don't usually have problems with zoanthius and palythoas) but this time they got me. My knife slipped and cut my thumb and I got protopaly slim in the cut. It was a small cut that barely bled, but all week the pain was unreal.
Take care when working with any zoanthids.
Can't wait until spring

I get one of each!!!
Thanks Mike, you are a Zoa GOD!

flricordia

Rainbows have really been taking off. Near 70 polyps. I placed then directly under T5 10k. They love it it seems.
Nightmares regressed a bit after I fragged them down to the final mounts. Lost some polyps but they look like they have healed and should start taking off again.
Both are fragged down to the final mountings and won't need to be fragged again.
It does look like the Rainbows will probably out grow the mounts they are on by the time shipping comes around though.
Any suggestions? I really don't want to remount them onto larger plugs. For one I don't have the room and another I really don't want to keep mucking with them.
Maybe I will remove any polyps that start down the edges and those can be sold/traded toward a new grow out next year if we do one?
For the rainbows, if all goes smooth, I would expect 10+ polyps each and the nightmares I am hoping 15+(?) each.
Lighting it seems that
Nightmares like intense MH
Rainbows lower kelvin, lower intensity.

stumblinras

Flricordia,do you sell any of your zoanthids,wasnt sure if you do or not,and if so what arangements need to be made....havent seen any worth the time or money around my local area and you have some of the sweetest ive seen period.

mkzimms

nice! i am getting a frag of the nightmares but unfortunately did not get in on the rainbows. since there will be extras at the time of shipping would anyone who is getting rainbows and not nightmares like to do a post receiving trade with me? a few extras for a few extras after we receive them?

flricordia

Originally Posted by stumblinras
http:///forum/post/2859689
Flricordia,do you sell any of your zoanthids,wasnt sure if you do or not,and if so what arangements need to be made....havent seen any worth the time or money around my local area and you have some of the sweetest ive seen period.
Can't sell from this site anymore but if you go to http://www.*** (added spaces to keep link off here) you can sign up and contact me there. That is the site that those who are unhappy with here are going.

debbie

Just wanted to let you know. The website you just posted Michael you added an extra "e" in it so it will not take you to the site.
But I did find it, nice site. Love to look at the stuff even though I cannot order it here in Canada, wow some very beautiful tanks and pictures too.

flricordia

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/2859791
Just wanted to let you know. The website you just posted Michael you added an extra "e" in it so it will not take you to the site.
But I did find it, nice site. Love to look at the stuff even though I cannot order it here in Canada, wow some very beautiful tanks and pictures too.

I just copied and pasted the link. Funny. I have not checked email yet but will check it soon to see what you sent.

stumblinras

thanx brother,hope to be in contact w/ u soon and finally get some nice zoos in my collection,hope to start a frag tank soon jus taking my time so i can do it the right way.

flricordia

Latest pics. Spidermans are still alive and doing well but have not started to spread any.
Nightmares and Rainbows both are averaging about 8 polyps per person so far.
Have plenty of room allotted for when spring roles around. There might be a bagillion polyps on each frag, well, at least a dozen each.