Fluval help

luca brasi

I have a Fluval 304

It has stopped working. This has happened several other times, but I have always been able to prime it and get it to work. It just won't suck up water... Air leaking in from somewhere? IDK. I cleaned it in vinegar and the top half with the motor works fine in a tub of water. The hoses are not clogged. The gasket seems fine.
I've asked on quite a few forums and think I have it narrowed down to an air leak on the intake hose.
Anyone have a similar problem or any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

cahuama

Same thing happened to me, everything to be working except I couldn't get it to prime.
So this is what I did. I disconected the tubes from the canister (like when you are cleaning it). Then I put a bucket under the tubes and pulled down the lever (the ones you use to let the water flow), and nothing happened, no water coming down, soooo I sucked on the intake tube and quickly put it so the siphoned water falls in the bucket. Then I quickly pulled the lever up to keep the water in the tube. Then I went and connected it to the canister and... voila. It worked.
For some reason the suction would not work with the regular primer. Try this. Hopefully it will work for you.
Good luck,