FLYING FISH

porkypuffer

MY PICASO TRIGGER JUMPED OUT OF THE TANK SUNDAY. I THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD TILL I SAW HIS GILL MOVE. I PUT HIM BACK IN THE TANK AND HELD HIM ABOUT 4 INCHES AWAY FROM THE POWER HEAD DISCHARGE TO REVIVE HIM. HE STAYED IN MY HAND FOR ABOUT 1 MIN THEN SWIM TO THE BOTTOM. I WOULD GUESS HE WAS OUT OF THE TANK FOR AT LEAST 30 MIN, HIS TAIL FIN WAS DRIED CRISP. HE'S EATING BUT THE DRIED PART OF HIS FINS IS COMING OFF AND HE ISN'T AS ACTIVE AS BEFORE. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE FINS WILL GROW BACK? TALK ABOUT A TOUGH FISH.

guppie

You are right, those triggers are tough, I was moveing some rocks around in my tank and had them in a bucket for some time when I saw that my trigger was not in the tank, I found him wedged in a rock, put him and the rock back into the tank and it never seemed to bother him was like it never happened. I would think that the fins will grow back. If I was you I would add some stress coat of some kind to the tank to help replace what he has lost. Good Luck

goofieones

Holy cow, that is unreal!!! I hope the guy makes it after all that. Don't know about the fin, although I have a goby who got his top fin eaten off, and it grew back.... so there is always a chance.

pufferlover

poly Aqua by Kordan is a great high strength slime replacer and fin repairer (sort of industrial grade). I use it for my tough cases and it works quite well.