FM Transmitter for mp3 player

joker_ca

im getting a new mp3 player and i want to use it in my car and house, but im curious if a FM Transmitter will sound good or are they a waste of money

xpdition03

I have a Griffin FM transmitter for my IPOD. Overall, it's ok. Definitely not the best sound quality but it's good enough to listen.
Basically, if you're looking for cost efficient and don't care of sound quality, then get the FM transmitter.
If you're looking for clarity then don't bother with them.
I also have a Belkin FM tranmitter, which is universal for all MP3 players. This works just as good as my Griffin.

ross

Do you happen to know what i need to connect my dell dj to my kenwood headunit with aux. input? I specifically bought a headunit with the aux input so i could hook my mp3 up to it but i dont know exactly what i need...

joker_ca

thats why im getting a new mp3 player i want something at least 20gig's but if you check out crutchfield. c o m they have the connections to hook up your mp3 player to the head unit
by the way can anyone reccommend a player that is sturdy that wont break (not the ipod) i was intrested in creative but i read that their players have bad earphone connections

pyro f/x

Originally Posted by Ross
Do you happen to know what i need to connect my dell dj to my kenwood headunit with aux. input? I specifically bought a headunit with the aux input so i could hook my mp3 up to it but i dont know exactly what i need...

If the aux input on the kenwood is a 1/4 inch plug then you could use a 1/4 to 1/4 plug that would connect to the headphone jack on the dj and the aux plug on the head unit.

xpdition03

Yeah, I'd like to get a new car stereo too with a aux inputs but I'm spending too much dang money on my fish tank... LOL....

ross

Originally Posted by joker_ca
thats why im getting a new mp3 player i want something at least 20gig's but if you check out crutchfield. c o m they have the connections to hook up your mp3 player to the head unit
by the way can anyone reccommend a player that is sturdy that wont break (not the ipod) i was intrested in creative but i read that their players have bad earphone connections

I just got the new 20g dell dj and i love it. It is very sturdy, holds 10000 songs and you can even save info from your computer on it ( i dont know how tho lol). You can use windows media player for it which is fast and easy and its compatible with napster to go which means you can put as many songs on it as you want from napster for free (the dj comes with a card that gets you 1 month of napster to go for free) so thats pretty awesome, a great way to fill it up quickly and cheaply.

reptifish

i also have the griffin but i hate mine sound quality sucks go with a casseste tape looking thing that plugs into the car tape deck and the headphone jack on the mp3 much better try radioshack or target or sears to get 1

f1shman

1. I bought a creative nomad player, it sucked and shut down on me within the first day of use. I then traded it in for an iPod and have been very happy with it
2. I also have the Griffin FM transmitter, I find it to be good quality 75% of the time and bad quality the other 25% it depends on where you are and what station you have it on.