Foe or Friend?

shawnlx86

I just noticed for the first time this week while the lights are out there are these long,thin whiteish clear worm looking things coming out of the rock and sand swaying in the current. I tried getting a pic but failed. some are short and some are about 8" or so. Should I be worried?
Thanks,Shawn

barchtruong

I can sorta imagine what you were talking about, but not sure about 8" ones.
I had some of those on my newly greenstar polyps block when I brought it home, but then I don't see them anymore...they were short thou. about less than 1". They do no harm thou.
I guess my coral bandes shrimp and sixline exc'd them.

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by SHAWNLX86
I just noticed for the first time this week while the lights are out there are these long,thin whiteish clear worm looking things coming out of the rock and sand swaying in the current. I tried getting a pic but failed. some are short and some are about 8" or so. Should I be worried?
Thanks,Shawn
They are probably just hair worms or spaghetti worms. I have several of both and they don't bother anything. They send those 'arms' out to swipe the water for their food. And a couple of my hair worms arms are at least 5-6" long.

alix2.0

don't spaghetti worms nuke if they like get sucked up in a filter though??? i would take them out personally...