food for blue throat trigger

salt210

I am planning to get one soon and need to know the feeding requirements for it.
I know that they like algae sheets. I know that in the wild they eat copepods and other free floating organisms by what I have been able to find on them.

R

rcreations

I have a sargassum trigger which is a close relative to the blue throat. It eats everything... algae sheets, raw shrimp, clams, squid, emerald diet, angelfish diet, formula 1, in fact I haven't found anything it won't eat, just like every other trigger.

salt210

gonna call one of my LFS's later today and see if their supplier has one. its killing me trying to get one.

aquaknight

The two LFS's in Longwoods, down the street from each other didn't have one? Fishy always seems to have at least one Blue Jaw instock...

salt210

I havent been to either one of those aqua. thanks for reminding me. we talked about those before?

truefishman

ya it eats everything although during the QT period it might take them a while to start eating as they are really shy.i have a pair of blue jaws and they eat anything.good luck trying to find one my lfs's always have them in.its rare for me to walk into my lfs's and not see at least 2 or more blue jaws.

salt210

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3085712
I believe will have? Need info lemme know! Fill me in on what they've got tho!

didnt drive up there, called them both after I read your message. Try not to drive the car too much as I seem to have lost the brake reservoir cap some how.%%
it has me worried about how picky of eaters they are when being introduced. Been thinking I might just go with the powder brown tang for now.

aquaknight

They really do best when introduced as the first or second fish into a tank. Yea, their 'adjustment' period can vary greatly. From a couple days hiding to almost 2 weeks for mine to come around. Seems like the size of the Blue Jaw does matter. A guy on the other board intro'd a beautiful 9"+ Blue Jaw into a well stocked 220 with zero problems. However I've seen too many large ones go 'stir crazy' and do nothing but pace the glass horribly to recommend one...

salt210

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3085940
They really do best when introduced as the first or second fish into a tank. Yea, their 'adjustment' period can vary greatly. From a couple days hiding to almost 2 weeks for mine to come around. Seems like the size of the Blue Jaw does matter. A guy on the other board intro'd a beautiful 9"+ Blue Jaw into a well stocked 220 with zero problems. However I've seen too many large ones go 'stir crazy' and do nothing but pace the glass horribly to recommend one...
the only other tank mates would be the lion in my avatar, zebra moray and 3 damsels in a 210. I would much rather have the trigger if I could find one

salt210

I have to go try and find a part when I get up for my car so I might stop by some shops on my way home and see what I find