Food for Clowns

tigershark

I got 3 small false percs about a week ago and I have noticed that 1 of them is not eating. I have some flake food, live brine, and some frozen cubes of assorted food. The one swims up to the food but then turns away and Im starting to get worried about him. What do you guys feed your clowns?

buzz

You seem to be feeding better than I do. I use flake food, frozen baby brine...also, since I feed squid to my emerald and anemone, my tomato will take in some small pieces of squid.

carrie1429

Sometimes it just takes fish longer to adjust, but a week is kinda a long time for hiim to not eat yet, anyway I feed my false percs:
Live brine
Frozen brine
sea weed selects
zooplankton
Marine flake food
Marine sinking pellets
bloodworms They seem to love the blood worms the best ;)

N

newreefers

try using some garlic to entice him to eat. mine love it.

tigershark

Can u use garlic from the store to soak the food in? I think the brine were too big too so maybe I'll try some baby brine. I thought he was eating earlier in the week but I can be sure. He doesnt seem sick but hes not as active as the others but Im not sure. He still stays together with them tho but just a little slower.

N

newreefers

you can use the garlic from the store, mash it into a juice. I use kets garlic extreme, 1 drop.

debbers

I also thought my false percs weren't eating. I would see them take a bite in and then spit it right out. Then I began to notice them pecking at bits of food that fall onto the sand. Soon after that they began eating little bits at feeding time.
My fish get frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysis shrimp, and emerald entree (which includes veggies).
I don't know how big your clowns are, but mine are juveniles, only 1" long. Maybe their little mouths need smaller bits? Just a thought!
~D~
;)

tigershark

Yea mine are very small too about 1" and I figured out right away that they needed very small pieces of food. I finally saw the one not eating, eat 1 piece of food last nite so hopefully he will go and find food later if he really gets hungry but I think I'll try the garlic and maybe some mysis shrimp too. Thanks for the help