food for corals to help growth??

ashley84

hello!! just wondering what u guys feed ur corals to keep em alive n beautiful?? just brought a whole bunch of corals now i want them to stay alive lol!! i bought a bunch of zoas, birds nest, mushrooms, montipora, pipe organ, torch coral, candy cane.... what has been working for u??

casper1875

Rod's food for reefs is a really good frozen food. You can google it to see if someone close to you sells it. Different corals require different food. Some need really good lighting, some marine snow, some require higher amounts of calcium. Check out this site and others to see what your new additions require.
I'm going to a frag swap tomorrow and have my list made out. I'll only buy the ones that I have researched and know that I can take care of. I don't like to take chances and spend money on something just so I can watch it starve to death. I, like most of us in this hobby have learned the hard way.
Good luck.

nycbob

i dont feed mine at all, maybe once or twice per month at most. corals do best with good lighting and fish poops. adding too much food does more harm than good since it can ruin water quality.

ashley84

i have this stuff called reef vital dna..it has calcium, trace elements n other stuff...i dunno if i need to add more liqiud stuff or is that good enough??