food for puffer

man187

What is the recomended food for a procupine puffer. I have been tring to feed mine some marine cusine from l/f/s and have also feed him some frozen brime. Dosen't want to eat either. I have had him for 2 days. Swims around good and looks healthy, just haven't seen him eat. if anyone can tell me what i can feed him i would gladly appriciate it.

kanicky

You may be able to tempt him with some freeze-dried silverside, a clam or mussel on the half-shell, or shelled shrimp (shrimp with shell) cut up in small pieces

am00re34

when i had a puffer (wasn't porcupine) i used freeze-dried shrimp. i would occasinally throw some snails in and he would pick off some of them

garnet13aj

I don't have a puffer, but I use food from the grocery store for all my fish. I've also heard that you need to give puffers some shelled fish to chew on or their teeth will overgrow so I'd look into that.

promisetbg

Originally Posted by garnet13aj
I don't have a puffer, but I use food from the grocery store for all my fish. I've also heard that you need to give puffers some shelled fish to chew on or their teeth will overgrow so I'd look into that.
Correct. Cherrystone clams, mussels,shrimp in the shell,etc.

leftyblite

I feed mine, silversides, squid, shrimp, and clams. And then there is the occasional snail or crab that he loves to hunt and crunch up.