Food Question

lovelive

I know you can make your own food from sea food for human consumption but I dont know what is the best kind to use. Can anyone help? And is this better or worse then frozen foods you get from your LFS?

rlablan

Here is some info from Beth.
See post 8
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/127007/faqs-fish-diseases-treatments-quarantine-health-info

lovelive

thank you. That has to one of the best posts I think I have ever seen. There is so much in that ont that I am going to have to read it about twenty times to soak it all up. Not just post 8 either. AWESOME!!!

penske38

Why would you want to make your own food when you can buy "New Life Spectrum Fish foods?" Anything that could benefit your fish is in there. I have been keeping saltwater fish for more than twelve years and have not found anything better. I've tried frozen/flake/live foods and this food is better, because you don't have to spend excessive money on different types of foods. No other food can promise that if you feed this product to your fish exclusively, they won't develop lateral line disease, hole-n-the-head or fin erosion. Take my advice and just buy NEWLIFE SPECTRUM FISH FOODS and your worries will be over.

cranberry

Pellets have their place, no doubt about it. I stuff them in fresh foods whenever I can. But to say they won't develop all those ailments by eating pellets... i would like to see the studies on that. They haven't even made a definitive conclusion as to the causes (or fixes) for things such as HLLE.
I'm sure your fish have done well, and the pellets seem to work for you. I agree that "No food can promise that if you feed this product to your fish exclusively"... but that includes Spectrum.

R

rcreations

Rod's Food has all the stuff you'd use to make your own food, plus vitamins. Highly recommended!

cranberry

I just wish Rod's food never had all the cyclops in it that it does. My filefish loves it... but those little particles are just a waste for her. But she sure loves those little fish eggs.

rlablan

That post is info from some of the mods and site experts. The info in the thread is great. I have read it many times through and still read it. It really does have great info.