Food Recipies for Fish...Got any good ones?

fishfatty

Anyone have any recipies they want to share with a beginner chef?

Please, anyone, list recipies you use, and maybe some outcomes you have seen after feeding this.
Thanks!

chipmaker

I just go to the local fresh seafood store and buy a bit of this and a bit of that.Things like muscles, squid, clams, oysters, various pieces of saltwater fish (snapper etc) shrimp etc, add some sheets of Nori algae to it and run it all though the wifes food processor, and pour into a sheet of egg crate grill placed on a cookie sheet, smooth off with a spatula, and place in the freezer. Once frozen pop the food out of the egg crate grill and bag em up in zip lock baggies. I also place the mixture in ziplocks so that its approx 1/4 to 3/8" thick and fills the entire bag (gal size) when its placed on its side, and freeze it. Then break off pieces from the larger slab as needed. Odds are if its from the ocean, the fish will eat it. I do not add any supplements like selcon or vitamins etc.

pyro

There is a sticky somewhere with a couple "recipes". I forget which forum it is in, but I'm sure if you look around you can find some good ones =)

saltwater8

From the makers of Selcon:
Go to the FISH MARKET where you would buy FRESH FISH for your family to eat and purchase the following:
1 or 2 uncooked shrimp
A few fresh clams (in the shell)
Scraps of fish fillet (tuna, cod, salmon, etc.)
1 Squid, cleaned but not cooked
A few scallops
Remove the shrimp and clams from their shells and pat the meat dry on a paper towel. Wrap each shrimp and each clam with plastic wrap and put in freezer overnight. Wrap each of the remaining ingredients individually with plastic wrap and freeze overnight. The next day, carefully cut each frozen piece by using a serrated bread knife; trying to make thin slices, the approximate thickness of a nickel. Continue to chop these small frozen slices to the size of a grain of rice. Small pieces of fish will cut best when frozen. Put all of the chopped pieces into a small bowl and add enough Selcon Concentrate (shake first) to give the mixture a consistency similar to cooked oatmeal. I also like to add a few scoops of Masago, which is the roe of Capelin or Smelt, commonly used by Japanese to make Sushi. The eggs are colored bright orange, approximately 1 mm in diameter and relished by all of the tank inhabitants. You can purchase small amounts of this in any oriental specialty store or perhaps a friendly Sushi restaurant. The mixture can now be thinly spread onto a sheet of plastic wrap and frozen. Miniature ice cube trays or empty cube packs work very well also. Make small batches of this recipe and make it frequently...Enjoy
It sounds like a great fish food, but I would barf while making it....

unleashed

Originally Posted by FishFatty
Anyone have any recipies they want to share with a beginner chef?

Please, anyone, list recipies you use, and maybe some outcomes you have seen after feeding this.
Thanks!

what type of fish are you feeding this will give a better idea on what foods you will need for each fish