food ?

cimpow137

What should I feed these fish?
-clown goby
-bicolor blenny
-2 true percula clowns
Those are the fish a plan on putting into my 29g tank and I was wondering what I should feed them... Name brands would be a good thing to include in your post lol

alison

:happyfish Hi, my gobies/blennies love "prime reef" flakes and also "formula 1&2". Other than that I soak some frozen brine in "kent marine, Zoe" and some "garlic Xtreme" for nutrients and vitamins and garlic is for appetite, and warding off infections. Good luck

viper_930

My percula loves mysis shrimp. I have frozen ones. He doesn't eat anything else, except for a few flatworms here and there.

barry cuda

That perc really should be getting a more-varied diet for optimal nutrition. If nothing else, he's likely to have his colors fade unless he gets more than mysis. You might consider adding krill, Formula1, and/or a few other things to round out the diet. Bob Fenner has a nice recipe for a cheap, easy, nutritious make-at-home fish food in The Conscientious Marine Aquarist if you have access to a copy of that book.

debnflo

Wilkerson in her Clownfishes book also has a couple feeding tips including several recipes. She actually feeds some beef heart too in her frozen mixture.