? for 20k MH users!

maurice

I just got my new dual 400w MH today and i went with xm 20k bulbs.The question i have is do many of you guys and gals use supplemental actinic lighting with your 20k's or do you just run the MH's?I have 6-60"VHO's but with the spider reflectors it is pretty tight for room in my canopy,so i am wondering if i should still try to add some kind of supplemental lighting or just go with the 2-400w 20k's.Any help or ideas are very appreciated! :notsure:

murph145

i run 20K bulbs on my 100 gallon reef
i have 2 - 250W 20K double ended bulbs HQI under my canopy... i wondered myself about the acitinic combo.... its way too blue! so i run 200W of 10K PC supplementation with the 20K MH's.... looks alot better not as blue as before....

reefer123

i run 2 15k bulbs on my 65 reef, with no actinic suppliment, and it looks perfect, not to much blue and not to much yellow.

golfish

I have some VHO's over the tank but I don't use em with 20K XM bulbs..I did the the 10K XM's and when I ran 20k Radiums on the HQI ballast.

maurice

Thanks for everyone's reply!Golfish,do you like the xm 20k bulbs?This is my first MH setup,but i went all the way and got the dual 400w 20k's for my new 150,i didn't want to get 6 months down the road and go hmmm i wish i would have went with 400w instead of 250.
I was going to go with the radium 20k's but they were out of them so i decided to go ahead with the XM bulbs.