For All You Animal Lovers Out There

perfectdark

Well its not a rare species to see, but I thought in this instance it was worth capturing. After getting home from work last night my daughter instructed me that I should come look at our driveway. I ask why, she said because there are a lot of rats in it. SOOOOO I ran... only to find out that my 5 yr olds interrpurtation of a rat is a completly drenched family of grey squirrels. So, I got my camera and took some pics. Its mom and 3 babies she is trying to get them together but they are not listening. And one of them popped its head out from the step just a foot or so from where I was standing taking the pics. You can see the back of its head in one of the pics. And there are also a couple where it Mom is picking up the little ones and trying to run with them... it was cool.

Under My steps...

reefraff

At my first house in Montana we had a squirrel that would stand in the road and play chicken with the cars. Saw the thing get hit once and it was laying on it's back in the front yard. Told my son to go grab a shovel from the garage so I could throw the thing away. By the time he came back with it the thing had come too and was gone. thought maybe a cat had snatched it up but a couple days later it was back out there playing chicken again.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2587472
That's a nice infestation of long tailed rats you have there, sir.

Yea, the scenario might have been differnt had my 5 yr old not been standing right next to me....
jk jk Im sure the neighborhood cats ate well last night.

Originally Posted by Payton 350

http:///forum/post/2587482
i thought the first pic was gonna be the squirrel the second was gonna be a squirrel under the tire, oops

Yea I was suprised at how quickly after I got into the house that they came from where ever they were to run across my driveway... I was hoping that none of them found a nice cozy spot in the hood of my vehicle.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
http:///forum/post/2587536
Yea, the scenario might have been differnt had my 5 yr old not been standing right next to me....
jk jk Im sure the neighborhood cats ate well last night.

Yea I was suprised at how quickly after I got into the house that they came from where ever they were to run across my driveway... I was hoping that none of them found a nice cozy spot in the hood of my vehicle.
Had a cat do that once, Right next to the fan blade. I was about 8, and my dogs went nuts, so we knew something was wrong when we started the car. Then we noticed a cloud of hair coming from the truck. And my mom, made ME open the hood and see what was in the engine. I was 8. Well, I open the hood, and the cat was shredded brains everywhere...
Ok not really the cat had its ear hanging by a thread, and the top of his head shaved. And a pretty good slice on its belly. Can you imagine trying to pull up a cat that just used up about 4 of her 9 lives. I looked worse by the time she was done with me. fortunately after about 40 stitches and a new name, little ear. She was ok. And lived for a few more years. I still can't believe my mom made me open the hood, I was only 8 what if that can was well...

nyyankeees

My parents have alot of black squirrels around their house in Upstate, NY. Solid black, like a cat. Now I know why Pepe Lepew was confused for all those years. Also there's a state park near them where alot of families camp and some of the squirrels are so used to people they will take food right from your hand.