For any one that is interested...here are some pics

spectre879

What the hell...here are some pics of my other hobby. AIRSOFT

These pics are those of my Automatic Electric Gun (AEG). It weighs about 20lbs fully loaded with a 9.6v 3500mah battery. Its an ICS CAR 97 with R.I.S. attachments and an XM203 Grenade launcher. I have four G&P mid-capacity mags as well as a high-cap. I also have 2 XM204 King Grenades.
More to come

R

ramsey

well its not airsoft but my hobby is close to that . This is my new one

bedabug0

so what dose it shoot peas? you said it had a grenage launcher you have to make a movie and blow something up if it dose!! if it is what i think it is its for a little kidd the shoots plastics balls lol please fill me in untill i run my mouth to much lol

anthony17

sweet airsoft gun... but i was shooting around with some of the cheap ones you get from k-mart and accidently shot my friend in the eye about 5 months ago and yesterday i got a letter in the mail saying im being charged with assault. so i dont know how thats gunna go he wasnt injured or anything he just went to the e.r. and the doc's told him he was fine??? so he's now charging my with assault with a deadly weapon.
can i really be charged with assault if he was shooting at me to???

spectre879

I am truely sorry for not being around to answer my own post. I have been on vacation in NC and have had no internet access for a week.
To answer some questions:
The guns fires 6mm bb rounds weighing anywhere form .20 to .28 grams at about 330 to 410 feet-per-second (depending on the ammo weight).
Airsoft is a growing competitive sport in the U.S. with hot spots in CA and Hawaii. Lately it has become a growing force here in the N. Kentucky and Ohio region. You play against other teams much like paintball only it is more realistic and strict in some sence. Military simulation and guidelines are a favorite senario(sp). Some games include the use of pyrotechnics and military vehicles to bring out the experience. I can point you too some videos if you wish.
The Grenade Launcher has been modified so that it cannot fire 40mm real steal grenades. So no explosions. But the are smoke screen grenades and solid 39.8mm cap rounds. Most shells are just a massive bb shower that pellets anything in the way. Landmines, rocketlaunchers and mortors have also been developed to improve upon the game play.
Serious airsoft is not a hobby for kids as it can be very dangerous. Most players use highly customized guns with high rates of fire and feet-per-second. The expensive ones that clock in at 250+dollars can riddle a can as well as a daisy powerline only on automatic.
ANTHONY17, sorry about your situation, cant help you there. I am not a lawyer. But the situation could have been avoided had you used some form of proper eye protection. That is a must in any game. A sniper using an M700 with 550fps can shoot straight through a regular set of eye glasses or sun glasses. So percautions are always taken seriously.
Disclaimer: I only responded to this thread so that I could respectivly respond to others posts in a polite fashion and not blown them off. Please to not burn me for revising an old subject.

dual45s

Anthony- Assault, yes. Assault with a deadly weapon, I highly doubt that would fly. In the vast majority of states airsoft guns are classified along with BB/pellet guns. While these are certainly lethal to small woodland creatures, most courts wouldn't consider them deadly to people. Dangerous? Absolutely, "you'll shoot your eye out", while cliche', is a very real danger. If it really comes down to it, get a lawyer and talk to the ER doc. ALWAYS wear eye protection. If you're going to seriously get into airsoft, paintball masks (or goggles with a balaclava) are standard. You don't want to catch a round in the mouth as several times I've heard of teeth being chipped.
Spectre- As you can probably tell I'm pretty deep into airsoft. I did have a question though. I've never seen smoke you can pop from a 203. Also, you kinda made it sound like they took real steel 203's and modified them, which definately is not the case.

spectre879

Dual45s pretty much hit the nail on the head with the assault and protection. I use standard military eye protection which are rated for high impact. You can get them at your local military surplus if there is one nearby.
To answer your question Dual45s:
No there is not a real manufactured smoke grenade, but MADBULL makes a high caliber shell that can fire a .68 paintball. A lot of people will take some baby-powder and pack the shell with that. When it goes off, theres a huge plume of smoke in the close vicinity.
Cold and hot smoke grenades are extremely popular in my area. They are a small cylinder about 4-5 inches in length and 2 in diameter. When you pull a rip-cord on the grenade it begins to hiss and smoke like crazy. I have seen a select few drop one into their launcher and fire it into an embankment when the area was to hot to stand up and throw.

8x8nhl

Do you know how old you have to be to be able to play on airsoft fields? I myself am almost 13 and I have an ICS mp5. Were did you get youre gun?

dual45s

Originally Posted by 8x8nhl
Do you know how old you have to be to be able to play on airsoft fields?
Really depends on the place. Everywhere I know of has you fill out a waiver at least the first time you play there. Legally you can't do this if you're under 18 so you'll need some kind of form signed by your parents/guardian. The minimum age varies from field to field; some are 12 some are 16, some don't allow parental signatures and thus you have to be 18.
EDIT
http://www.dfwap.com/DFWAP/
http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forum...read.php?t=713
These are the closest to you I could find.

marineawe

Hey guy,
I think your gun is really neat...looks like a M16. I think violence sucks, but have always been fascinated by guns. Please just keep it safe!

konrade

Nice gun. Any probs with it? I was thinking of n ICS m4 like yours, but I have heard a lot of horror stories. I seriously doubt it weighs 20 pounds though. My CA m249 weighs around 22-23 fully loadd.

phixer

Originally Posted by ANTHONY17
sweet airsoft gun... but i was shooting around with some of the cheap ones you get from k-mart and accidently shot my friend in the eye about 5 months ago and yesterday i got a letter in the mail saying im being charged with assault. so i dont know how thats gunna go he wasnt injured or anything he just went to the e.r. and the doc's told him he was fine??? so he's now charging my with assault with a deadly weapon.
Yes, but generally speaking assault is intentional. This sounds more like gross neglegence. You will probably be able to settle out of court. Argue the point that he too was willingly participating and was firing at you also. Is he a minor? are you a minor?
The circumstances would be different if you walked up to him and shot him for no reason.

gen1dustin

Originally Posted by ANTHONY17
Sorry, but first I have to
. Sorry, are you serious, what a BI if he was really fine. You could probally get in trouble, but you might be able to say it was self protection.
Yeah like others mentioned it don't really seem like that could be labelled as assualt. Eye protection is a must with these things.
Me, my bro, & his friend bought a few from Wal-Mart a while back & they were cool, but they broke easilly. Then his friend ordered a few off the internet & they were awesome he had like an m16 rifle, desert eagle replica that looked EXACTLY like the real deal, & a machine gun. Just gotta be careful.