For my Motorcycle Peeps . . .

tangman99

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/3125674
Glad it come out nice. The HVLP presented no problems I take it....But that bike needs a clay smith for spite.
I have not gotten out in months now. All this perfect riding weather and the bikes all just sit in the garage. Actually going to be selling some of them soon.
I actually had a guy here in town that works in a body shop for a local chevy dealer take the plastics in and paint them for me. Silverado White with clear. Didn't cost him anything but time because they had the paint left over from a job that day so for $100 and an integrated tail light, I get a paint job.
The vinyl decals were a lot of fun though.

Sorry to hear you haven't been out. My goal is to try and get out about 6 times a year. You know the biggest expense is tires. I'm running the BT-003RS first till I get it dialed in which are about $300 a set then moving up to the DOT with tire warmers at about $400 a set. When I get serious, I'll probably run full race slicks but at darn near $600 a set, that get's expensive fast making a weekend about a grand between tires, track fees, hotel and gas. Probably going to pick up my own tire changer also. This never ends.

reefforbrains

Tires are frustrating. Seems every time you turn around there is a new more expensive tire option that you just can't be competitive at the track without. Don't stress about warmers, they are always for sale used nearly every swap meet I have ever been too.
You do realize your going to have to shake the Pretty-Boy title......

tangman99

Yeah I know. Some really good guys out there though. I left the rashed stator cover and frame slider on it and will be wearing my scuffed leathers I crashed in so they at least know I've crashed it. LOL!

fishtaco

TangMan99;3126145 said:
I actually had a guy here in town that works in a body shop for a local chevy dealer take the plastics in and paint them for me. Silverado White with clear. Didn't cost him anything but time because they had the paint left over from a job that day so for $100 and an integrated tail light, I get a paint job.
The vinyl decals were a lot of fun though.

Sorry to hear you haven't been out. My goal is to try and get out about 6 times a year. You know the biggest expense is tires. I'm running the BT-003RS first till I get it dialed in which are about $300 a set then moving up to the DOT with tire warmers at about $400 a set. When I get serious, I'll probably run full race slicks but at darn near $600 a set, that get's expensive fast making a weekend about a grand between tires, track fees, hotel and gas. Probably going to pick up my own tire changer also. This never ends.
[/Q
Your right it never does end, I have been racing sports cars for a few years and the winter arms race that happens with my club is to the point of stupidity. Just remember losing 10lbs of weight from your body is way cheaper than losing ten pounds on your machine. LOL
Fishtaco