? For Purch. a Used Tank

digitydash

I bought a 150 on craigs list for $300 with 180lb of Fiji LR,tank and wet/dry with a stand that I scraped and built a new one. Look around I am sure you can find something better.

scsdlh34

Originally Posted by digitydash
http:///forum/post/2562383
I bought a 150 on craigs list for $300 with 180lb of LR,tank and wet/dry with a stand that I scraped and built a new one. Look around I am sure you can find something better.

Not being mean in the least bit, but they were either desperate for money or had no idea what they were selling.
I found a 140 with over 200# of live rock and livestock with very nice stand/canopy for $1500.00 that I am looking at this weekend as well.

digitydash

People buy tank not knowing what maintenece goes into them to keep them perfect and just get tired of doing it and want to get rid of it.You can find them like this. I go on their all the time and see people with stuff like this.Search aquariums and fish tanks you will see what I am saying.Might not alway be cheep but they pop up and just got to be ready when they do.

scsdlh34

LOL very true about people not knowing what they get themselves into. I've been researching SW tanks for about 4-5 months so I know what I'm getting myself into!! I look on craigslist almost everyday (all surrounding states to) to see if anything pops up!

prime311

I think people in Florida have it easy when it comes to fish tanks, there always seems to be great deals coming out of there. Unfortunately, for those of us not living next to the ocean these deals aren't nearly as common. I bought my 125 w'Stand and Canopy for 350 and that was after months of watching Craigslist and a local reef group forum for stuff.