For sale Rainsoft 3 stage RO unit

jamie814

I have for sale 1 3 stage (25gpd?) rainsoft reverse osmosis water filter unit. All filters are included with it. And the fast flush valve to extend the membraine life. I called rainsoft to see what these things cost and about died when they told be that they install them for about $1000.00
I did a google search and did find that rainsoft products are severly overpriced. We have a $5000 water softner siting our basement
Good quality, but way over priced this unit was in our house when we bought it and I already had a larger kent RO/DI model so this one is up for grabs. The tag on it says Aug 2001 installation I was hoping for around $75 with free shipping. But make an offer. You can e-mail me at hageman814@msn.com or just post a reply if interested.
What you see in the picture is what you will receive.

sleeper

I would be interested, but can you explain exactly what the problem is? I mean with respect to installation...

1bigboy69

I don't want this to be mis-leading or anything, but I have the same rainsoft unit in my house and I went to call them for parts and they no longer exist?
I'm in PA and can't find a rainsoft place anywhere.

jamie814

Originally Posted by sleeper
I would be interested, but can you explain exactly what the problem is? I mean with respect to installation...
There is no problem with this unit or the instalation you just have to know how to hook it up.

jamie814

Originally Posted by 1BigBoy69
I don't want this to be mis-leading or anything, but I have the same rainsoft unit in my house and I went to call them for parts and they no longer exist?
I'm in PA and can't find a rainsoft place anywhere.
There still here in IOWA rip-off company if you ask me. The have been calling me wanting to test my indoor air so they can sell me a several thousnad dollar air cleaner, and new filters for the RO unit. Heres their number if you want to contact them, (800) 322-0417 You can get the filters a LOT cheaper from other places. They want $80 for filters that cost $15 :mad:

treybom

all the things that i want and need are available to me now!! i dont have the money !doh!!!
email me in a couple weeks if still available treybomb0033 - yahoo . com <no spaces

ssweet1

It's true Rainsoft is extremely overpriced I got ripped off by them back in 1999. They are good units though and take the same size filters you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. Dont waste your money trying to find Rainsoft products they are a rip off. Just use the ro filters that are generic and easy to find. $50 for a RO unit is a excellent buy especially since I once paid a rediculous $750 for that same unit- DOH!!! Carrie

jamie814

Originally Posted by Jer4916
please send me a detailed picture, as well a listing of what it needs for replacement
thank you
What detail do you want in a picture? there is not that much to see it uses the standard filters that you can get just about anywhere. The manual has part numbers but those are the overpriced rainsoft parts.

jamie814

cabot said she would take it but I have not heard back from her yet. I will be leaving for out of town on sat and won't be back untill Dec 4th so don't look for a reply untill then thanks everyone.