for starters

hops523

I have adjusted my stocking list, this is just to get me started when my tank is cycled. I will add more marine life when I know the water is ok. Anything else I should add? I mean besides live rock.
1 bluetail or maybe blue damselfish
2 margarita snails
1 dwarf blue leg hermit crab

pclown

Originally Posted by hops523
I have adjusted my stocking list, this is just to get me started when my tank is cycled. I will add more marine life when I know the water is ok. Anything else I should add? I mean besides live rock.
1 bluetail or maybe blue damselfish
2 margarita snails
1 dwarf blue leg hermit crab
I would be very sure that I wanted those Damsels befor I put them in my tank.
Also, same question, what size tank do you have?

hops523

my tank is 25 gallons. Right now I only have 10 pounds of lr but I am picking up some more.
Also if I were to get an anemone, what kind of lighting do you all use? Like what brand?

hops523

Also, what are some cheap beginner corals? Because I dont know if I want crabs or snails right now. And what type and bran of lighting will I need?

pclown

Most hosting anemones need MH lighting but I know that people have had success with Bubble tips with 5 - 6 watts per gallon of PC, or VHO. I dont know much about T5's.
What type of lights do you have?
Also, if your mind is not set on damsels, I would think of some other fish that I might want

hops523

I have flurescent lighting, but I am not sure of the amount of watts though. I am not set on damsels.

T5 florescents will probably not be enough to provide enough light for an anemone. With a 25 you could probably go with a small VHO or PC fixture and aim it right over your anemone. I agree about the damsels, make sure that is a fish you want to keep because once established in your tank, they will take control of their territory (and in a 25, that could be half the tank if not more) and if you end up wanting to take them back to a LFS, they are a nightmare to catch.

hops523

Yeah I am not going to get an anemone yet. I am rethinking the damselfish, but I dont want to go out and get an expensive fish that might just die. Any other suggestions on fish?

jacklax

A clown is always a good addition, and relatively hardy as well. My two GSM's have a ton of personality. Just make sure the tank is fully cycled, and you should be ok.

pclown

I agree as well, I have two clowns and I love them. They are always together.
There are alot of fish to choose from but you do want to start off with a hardy one and one that is not very aggressive so you wont have problems when you add in more fish.