for the ladies with frizzy crappy hair

kittykitty

I found the perfect solution. After being FED UP with my damaged/broken/frizzy/straw-like/over-bleached and dyed hair, I went to Sally Beauty Supply and picked up a couple products. My hair is now SO soft I can't even explain. Any frizz or signs of damage, GONE. POOF. Like that. Seriously.
Ok, here's the secret:
Naturelle Biotera Reconstructing Conditioner. It's like an off-brand version of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Hair Balm. But it has the exact same ingredients and works the same. I have used both.
Next, after shampooing, conditioning and towel drying hair, apply "Generic Value Products" Silk Treatment. It's an off-brand version of Farouk's Biosilk Silk Therapy. Not too much though, or your hair will just be greasy. Don't apply it to your roots.
and the grand total: 13 dollars. You can only get these products at Sally Beauty Supply.
Just thought I'd share. :)

lovethesea

I'm going this week. I am a swimmer and its hard to keep up with what chlorine does to my hair. Then summer comes and then its the sun AND pool. I get tired of trying stuff that doesn't work, then the $$ are wasted.
Thanks!! :D

polarpooch

Anyone have the magic bullet for FLAT, thin hair??? Something that would make my hair look like....say....Jennifer Connelly's?

razoreqx

How about just a flirt who says... Gee you look JUST like Jennifer Connelly!! I can sell you that product *grin*

kittykitty

Originally posted by polarpooch
Anyone have the magic bullet for FLAT, thin hair??? Something that would make my hair look like....say....Jennifer Connelly's?

Oo oo! I do!
It's called "DiCesare" Amplifying Tonic. It is AWESOME! It doesn't make your hair all sticky and stiff like hairspray, you just spray it on and then blowdry, and your hair will be really full. I have no idea where I got the stuff from, it just showed up in my bathroom one day, but it really works. I don't think you can buy it in stores, but I know you can find it online.. It is expensive, though, but it is the only thing that has worked for me. And I have tried EVERYTHING.

polarpooch

How about just a flirt who says... Gee you look JUST like Jennifer Connelly!!
I'd buy it:)
Oo oo! I do!
I will be tracking this stuff down this weekend. THANKS Kitty!

lovethesea

I think I found it. I was talking to my Aunt who uses everything on her hair. She said she gets something like it on QVC :rolleyes:
Kitty, is this it? $16 at QVC

polarpooch

Originally posted by lovethesea
Cool, hey Polar.....its number A44834 $16. My Aunt loves it.
She said a little goes a long way.

thank you thank you thank you! Am ordering it now!

razoreqx

Originally posted by polarpooch
thank you thank you thank you! Am ordering it now!

Dont forget to order me :D

watergal

Hey Kitty thanks for the info - I am going to Sally's on Monday! I have naturally curly hair that I color & the humidity is usually high around here so every day is a bad frizzy hair day!

kittykitty

I know how it is. I don't have curly hair, but I have naturally wavy hair that I straighten every day with a blowdryer and a straightening brush. It sucks because its so humid where I work (fish store) and my hair just goes to hell. Gets all wavy and crappy looking.

cosguy20

polarpooch :Anyone have the magic bullet for FLAT, thin hair??? Something that would make my hair look like....say....Jennifer Connelly's?
polarpooch, I would say to give Redken's Headstrong shampoo and conditioner a try to help give you the fullness you desire. Another line would be Ampifly, both of these shampoos are for limp, fine hair. I believe fine is the word you wanted to use when you referred to thin? If your hair is thinning then their is a excellent line called nioxin. When I was on chemo my hair got a little thin and I used this and everything grew back to where is was. It's great for men or women dealing with thinning issues.
Watergal Hey Kitty thanks for the info - I am going to Sally's on Monday! I have naturally curly hair that I color & the humidity is usually high around here so every day is a bad frizzy hair day!
I would recommend a product by Matrix that is called sleek looks. It's awesome when used on coarse, unruly curly hair. Some of mine ethinic clients also love this product. Most people only need the shampoo and conditioner. Other will need the whole line, which includes, styling lotions (extreme and lite), Lock Out Humidty Spray (which is like a hairspray but it seals the cuticle down so the moisture (that causes frizz) doesn't get through), Sealing Serum for when you use a flat iron, Light hair spray, and a Hair Masque.
You can get these product at you local styling salon.
If you have any question for me, post them I'll get back to ya.

polarpooch

cosguy--thanks. I've never tried Headstrong, though I am a Redken junkie.
Yes, fine is the word, not thin. I have tried Nioxin, though--it's just not right for my type of hair.
Thanks for the tips:)