formasa wrasse ????

marinefish

i am interested in getting a formosa wrasse for my reef tank. I was wondering are they aggressive and are they hard to maintain? i was wondering if they are reef safe and if not then why are they not reef safe? i am interested in getting one that is about 2 inches in size. how big will they get amd how fast do they grow? i am intested in putting this fish in a 55 gallon reef tank. please if possible provide as much detail and information. thank you all in advance

marinefish

wow..they get huge. they do look very nice. i did some search and it said they eat shrimps and inverts and things of that sort as you have mentioned. currently i have two cleaner shrimps that hides in rocks and they do have plenty of hiding places and a blood shirmp. the formosa wrasse i was thinking about getting is about 2 inches maybe a little less than 2 inches. i am debating on if i should get it or not. what do you all think? also if anyone have more info or personal experience please share them. it will help me in making my decision. thank you all in advance again

jumpfrog

I think your wrasse would eventually eat all of your ornamental shrimps and it may feel cramped in a 55. Wrasses are active swimmers and won't be comfortable in cramped quarters.

marinefish

what i was thinking is have it until it reach a size of 6-7inches and then trade in for something else with the local fish store. what do you all think..good or bad?