fort worth reef for sale

groucheux

Hi. I've had my 55 gallon reef for four years now and am interested in switching to a freshwater set up. There are three ways I'm willing to part with it:
1) the whole shebang...$700
includes:
55 gallon tank
two door stand
4 48" flourescent bulbs (2 48" faux oak strips and 1 shop light)
heater
2 small powerheads
skilter 400 protein skimmer/filter
80 pounds of high quality, high growth live rock (50 fiji, 30 tonga) (lots of coraline (good) algea)
2 striped mushrooms
1 medium sized red mushroom (about to sprout)
1 bowl sized rock of green star polyps
small patch of yellow polyps
small cluster of button polyps (4 buttons)
3 green chromis
1 coralbanded shrimp
1 serpent starfish
1 blue hippo tang (a little stressed)
10+ hermits (blue and scarlet legged)
Coral vite, iodine, garlic guard, seagreens, formula two
2)All the liverock (80lbs), livestock, lightbulbs, protein skimmer, and powerheads, food and additives...$250
3)just the 80lbs of live rock (all the liverock except the green star polyps)...$200. That's less than $3 per pound! Great deal if you're starting up a tank. I'll sell the star polyos for $10. Sorry, but I'm not interested in spitting up the liverock...don't want to end up with 10-20 lbs going to waste.
I live just east of downtown Fort Worth. I've absolutely loved my tank over the past 4 years, but with the addition of our new daughter I just don't have the time, energy, or money to keep up with it the way I'd like.
I'd also be interesting in trading for a similar sized community tank. So if you've been eyeing the reef tanks at the LFS, here's your chance.
I've attached some pictures...I'm not much of a photgrapher, so the photos don't do the tank justice :) .
Thanks...dean

jb rekit

I got 2nd dibs on the rock if Crazy C doesn't end up taking it.
Crazy C - I know he said he doesn't want to split it, but I would be willing to divide it up with you if you don't want or need all of it right now. Just let me know what your plans are.
John

groucheux

Wow...that was fast!! CrazyC hit me with an email not 5 minutes after my post. Liverock is his...livestock is going to my LFS...looks like I'll be setting up a 55 gallon freshwater community tank on Monday.
Thanks to everyone...and I highly recommend the classified boards if you have something to sell or something to buy!
Thanks again...dean