FOTW or FOTM suggestions and feedback

michaeltx

Some of you may remember the FOTW and COTW threads from back then.
I would like to start it up again.
So here is what I am looking for.
1) Suggestions on what you would to see a write up on.
2)some members that are willing to put a little work in and do a write up and one of the suggestions.(needs to be a complete original wrote up and needs details on the fish Diet, size, tank requirements, reef safe, Good tank mates all the good stuff that we really want to know.
Just for the ones that do not know FOTW stands for Fish Of The Week
If this really gets going I will see if we can add the FOTW as a review on the site under the fish that its done on.
Leave a message here if you have a suggestion or would like to do a wrote up on it.
for an idea of what I am looking for in an article is something like this one done on Seahorses by Killafins
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/293502/fotw-seahorses
Thanks
Mike
1st Gemmy FOTW Bi-Color psuedochromis
2nd TravelerJP98 FOTW Panther Grouper
3rd FOTW
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
Currently suggested FOTW topics
Bi-color psuedochromis
Lemon Peel Angel
Mandarin
Panther Grouper (cromileptes altivelis)
Bangaii Cardinal (Pterapogon kauderni)
Mimic Tand (acanthurus pyroferus)

snakeblitz33

Once I get my SPS corals going in my tank, I'll do some COTW. I'm not really big into fish, so I would have to stick with coral.

gemmy

I'm in. Why limit it to just fish? Why not do a rotation of fish, coral, and inverts just to have diversity? Just a thought. Besides, I like diversity.

michaeltx

actually thats what the COTW is a coral of the week. I wanted to get one area started before moving to the next one.
Rainbow why would I stop someone that wanted to take part in this. The only thing is that it has to be accurate information and current and wrote by you/
Snake if you wanted to start the COTW off and do an certain species of SPS coral That would be great.
Glad to hear it BLT and gemmy
now we just have to figure out which ones are first.
Is there any that anyone wants to start it off with>?
Thanks
Mike

aquaknight

What about if we started a FOTW/COTW/IOTW 'submission thread.' Whoever wanted to start a topic on a certain species would post up their first rough draft in that thread, and then people could add in information, discuss other opinions on the species the OP may have missed, differs on, etc. This would have the benefit of polishing the _OTW's before they're posted, so the opening first post, is a good one. As the target audience for a _TOW are unlikely to read an entire thread to gather all the info. We could have multiple topics going on at the same time in that submission thread, just quote the subject you are peer-reviewing. Once there's a general consensus on the topic, whoever started the rough draft on that species, would go ahead and post the official _OTW thread.
And this way, we'll have a bit of time to ensure original content. Digging through the old FOTW's, the Moorish Idol is a good example of what's not....

gemmy

So, let's get this started??? I can start off if no one else wants to. I can do a bi-color pseudochromis, lemon peel angel or mandarin.

michaeltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/388799/fotw-or-fotm-suggestions-and-feedback#post_3431709
So, let's get this started??? I can start off if no one else wants to. I can do a bi-color pseudochromis, lemon peel angel or mandarin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98
http:///t/388799/fotw-or-fotm-suggestions-and-feedback#post_3431711
LOL... I wanna get it started! I could do the cromileptes altivelis (Panther Grouper); or Pterapogon kauderni (Bangaii Cardinal)
Quote:
alright since you guys have some that you would like to do how about this.
since the 3 of you guys came up with the first suggestions you get the first 3 slots.
Let me know which of he ones you suggested that you would like to do and I will add it to the list.
I will also start getting something together as well for one.
1st Gemmy FOTW Bi-Color psuedochromis
2nd TravelerJP98 FOTW Panther Grouper
3rd FOTW
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
Currently suggested FOTW topics
Bi-color psuedochromis
Lemon Peel Angel
Mandarin
Panther Grouper (cromileptes altivelis)
Bangaii Cardinal (Pterapogon kauderni)
Mimic Tand (acanthurus pyroferus)
Mike

travelerjp98

I'm truly honored, mike!!! Thanks!
Well.. I'll do a panther grouper since I have a heck of a lot more experience...

michaeltx

The list has been updated above. Gemmy throw me a pm on when you would like to post the first one up.
If you can find pictures of the species that you are doing that would be a great addition to the write up as well. When you go looking for pictures look on SWF.com first so that we know they are not copyrighted so that we do not get in trouble. also you can ask members about getting one of their photos to use or use one that you may have.
lets keep it fun by all means though.
Mike

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTX http:///t/388799/fotw-or-fotm-suggestions-and-feedback#post_3431944
The list has been updated above. Gemmy throw me a pm on when you would like to post the first one up.
If you can find pictures of the species that you are doing that would be a great addition to the write up as well. When you go looking for pictures look on SWF.com first so that we know they are not copyrighted so that we do not get in trouble. also you can ask members about getting one of their photos to use or use one that you may have.
lets keep it fun by all means though.
Mike
Of course!!! Keeping it fun is what it's all about!!!
And don't worry.... I have my own pics that I would be more than happy to share!

michaeltx

maybe we can take aquaknights suggestion about posting the post here and can tweak before a final post can be done. what do you guys think. This is a group effort not a single crusade kinda thing. Lets keep as many people involved as possible though so we all get as much out of it as possible.
Mike

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTX http:///t/388799/fotw-or-fotm-suggestions-and-feedback#post_3431952
maybe we can take aquaknights suggestion about posting the post here and can tweak before a final post can be done. what do you guys think. This is a group effort not a single crusade kinda thing. Lets keep as many people involved as possible though so we all get as much out of it as possible.
Mike
That's not a bad idea... but.. IDK... but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try???