Found Diamond Goby...

tacks

I purchased a Diamond Goby a few days ago. After the first night, he dissapeared. This is my 3rd one. After the first two jumped, I got eggcrate from HD. Anyway, after a few days and assuming he was gone, I found the little bugger in my sump! Alive! He went through the overflow box and made his way down to my sump. When I turned the room light on, I saw a white blur. Sure enough, there he was. I netted him and put him back in the DT. Added more filter floss to the overflow. Hopefully he'll stay in because he's really cleaning my sandbed.

big

Wow glad you found him!!

One of their many issues with them are they tend to be jumpers as you have found. I have seen where they are tide poll skippers. As long as they have food in this "little tide pool" I think they do not tend to try to leave the pool (jump out of your tank) But it your tank runs out of pods etc , carpet surfing 101 seems to be their next class in school. I think they will even crawk out on their pectorals sometimes.
The do eat just about anything in the substrate (pods included) leaving the substrate barren of seeable critters. Next, they will rearrange the landscaping of your substrate regularly!! If you have a "DSB" he will make mountains out of it in places. Other than these issues, they are just about unbeatable at keeping the substrate clean, but you pay the cost of living with these issues forever more. Plus they are a neat fish to watch work......... Good Luck.... Warren

C

curve

Get some plastic canvas from walmart and put it around your over flow. I had a fish that kept going down the overflow like it was a thrill ride. I put the plastic canvas around it and I have had no more problems.