found mantis

laudluvr

Too bad they don't have a "mantis wand" like at the airports for metal. Then you could scan your rocks and find them. LOL

freeride7

So what does a Mantis look like? I noticed something inside of a cave in my LR last night....looked kind of pinkish, all I could see was an arm with a little black looking claw, then it crawled back in....kind of looked like a crab?? This isn't a Mantis is it?

jjetjock

:D :D I just happened to take a picture of Lobbstergrabber's MANTIS that he caught while he was visiting me. Yes it was a good seven inches:eek:

Well I now have one rock in my tank. I do however have a mantis in a pitcher. I puleed almost every rock in the tank(down to 3) and still heard pops in tank so I dipped the last 3 rocks in freshwater and then set them on top of pitcher and low and behold what jumped out. The one I found was around an inch and is of dark coloration. I swear the one I saw was bigger. I think I am going to dip every rock as I put it back in. This will restrart cycle I am sure but I got rid of all my fish so no worries. I would not wish that on anyone and I hope I never have to deal with it again.
Rich