Found someone new on the LR

regaldragon

I've had this one piece of LR for about 2 months now, and it has always had a lot of life on it, feather dusters, etc. Just last night I went out to the living room and turned on the light, and saw a very strange thing coming out of a big hole in the rock. From the hole in the rock to its tip, it was about an inch and three quarters, and looked like an anemone tentacle. It was pinkish in color, and had a black round head. When I turned on a brighter light to get a better look, the black head sucked in, and I could see it go all the way down the 'body' part of this thing, and then the body sucked slowly into the rock.
Is this a tube worm?
Also - I've recently been seeing another little guy running around. I bought a magfloat just the other day, and he somehow got up to it on the top of the tank, and that's when I noticed him. He looks like a baby shrimp. Gray, only about 2 millimeters long, and can move pretty fast. Last night I saw two of them at once.
I wish I had a digital camera, so I could just post the pics, but alas, no such luck. Can anyone help me out from the descriptions I've given? Thanks in advance!

buzz

The tentacle thing could have been a worm of some sort, perhaps a bristle worm.
The other sounds like amphipods, particularly gammarus shrimp. Good pods to have.