Found the Perfect drip line any Nurses

quads4_lif

Hey my aunt is a nurse and she got a IV drip line with the clamp on the line so you can contole the amount you drip in to your bucket of fish for acclimation. The work SUPER and they are self primeing so no mouth full of salt water.

thegrog

I use one for my kalk drip. Works great. Never thought about using one for acclimation though. good idea!!

chipmaker

Sure can't see the need for a device as described on the link that does nor work as a simple piece of air line tube with a knot works just fine.....Just last night the lfs here got in a huge shipment of fish while I was there, and they have lengths of air line with a piece of hard rtype airline bent into a U on the one end. They use these to drip acclimate the new critters. They place buckets in front of every tank thats getting a new critter added, submerge the airline and then hang it so the U shape is on the tanks lip, water thats in the airline starts dripping out and starts up a syphon, and they tie a knot to adjust flow.......I don;t think saltwate ris gona hurt yu anyhow, odds are you probably put worse in your mouth over the coarse of a day out in rthw work force or shopping or around the house.

hurt

Instead of using a knot, you can buy an airline valve to control flow. They're only a quarter to 50 cents for one. It will make it much easier to control the drip rate than a knot. I first tried to use a knot, but had difficulty adjusting the flow, the air valve makes it very easy to do so. That is what I use now, but I'm sure an I.V. drip would probably be the best.

dbkinne

Not for nothing, but it's kinda funny that in the process of suggesting he remove the link, you quoted it and posted it again ;-)