Found this setup - need opinions!

I found this used setup online and was wondering what the pros here thought of it ... what is this worth? How much would be a good deal and how much would be getting robbed?? LOL
here is the listing:
Up for auction is a used 90 gallon complete set up. Everything is included to set up a fresh or saltwater aquarium system. Tank measures 48 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 25 3/8. There’s two 24” glass canopies and a 48” dual-bulb strip light. I’ve also included an extra spare bulb. The stand has two doors for easy access to the filter. It also has been repainted. The filter is a 3-foot Amiracle dual intake Wet/Dry system. It is built into the stand and cannot be removed. The filter is packed with bio-balls. It also contains a Mag-Drive model 5 submersible utility pump by Supreme. Attached to the pump is a 9-watt Coralife Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer. Bulb was recently changed. The filter is connected by a hang-on-the-back Tidepool S.O.S. Skimmer box by Marinland. I’ve include a brand new package of pre-filters for it. There’s also two heaters. One for the tank and one for the sump. The set-up has some hard-water stains, but other than that, it looks great. I’ve included a few extra stuff that I had lying around. I used the tank for fresh water stingrays and other exotics for about 3 years.
QUICK SPECS:
90 gal glass aquarium
glass Versa-Top by AGA
48” Dual Strip light by AGA w/ spare 48” bulb
Marineland S.O.S. over-flow box
Complete Amiracle Wet Dry/Sump with filer pads
model 5 Mag Drive Pump with diffuser
Turbo-Twist 3x 9 watt UV sterilizer
200 watt Tronic submersible heater with guard
400 watt Theo submersible heater
70lbs of natural gravel
some extras
Anyone care to give me their thoughts on this system?
Thank you!!
Kath

renogaw

Originally Posted by SaltWaterKitty
http:///forum/post/2970022
I found this used setup online and was wondering what the pros here thought of it ... what is this worth? How much would be a good deal and how much would be getting robbed?? LOL
QUICK SPECS:
90 gal glass aquarium not reef ready, so could be issues
glass Versa-Top by AGA useless
48” Dual Strip light by AGA w/ spare 48” bulb useless
Marineland S.O.S. over-flow box would be better if RR, but overflows are ok
Complete Amiracle Wet Dry/Sump with filer pads useless, you could do better with a regular sump/refuge
model 5 Mag Drive Pump with diffuser need a mag 7 or bigger for a 90
Turbo-Twist 3x 9 watt UV sterilizer useless
200 watt Tronic submersible heater with guard
400 watt Theo submersible heater
70lbs of natural gravel useless with salt
some extras
Anyone care to give me their thoughts on this system?
Thank you!!
Kath
there you go :)
basically, 575 is way too much to pay for this setup if you're going saltwater

renogaw

cool :) fin and feather in groton is having a CTARS day this sunday if you wanna meet a bunch of reefers from CT :) and we're having a frag farmer day in two weekends at the EO Smith school on the 14th :)

king_neptune

Originally Posted by SaltWaterKitty
http:///forum/post/2970043
it's on an auction site ... currently at $575 ...
then stop there. too much already
Craigs list has WAY better deals. keep your eyes open. rule of thumb. a tank is worth about $1 per gallon under 120gal. over that and its $2-3 per gallon. anything used is defiantly not worth more than %50. lights are about 1/3 price. i typically see used equipment go for abut 1/4 retail price. you can find closeout sales on last years models all the time, so why not get last eyars model at a %40 discount...and have it brand new.
bottom line. keep your eye out for good deals, this one is not.

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2970169
cool :) fin and feather in groton is having a CTARS day this sunday if you wanna meet a bunch of reefers from CT :) and we're having a frag farmer day in two weekends at the EO Smith school on the 14th :)
What is CTARS, if you don't mind me asking? We will actually be in NYC saturday and possibly again on sunday for the Art Expo. Not sure if you are aware of who Wyland is ... the marine artist who paints the murals on buildings ... he is our favorite artist and also my daughters *who is 11* and we are surprising her because they are having a Paint with Wyland and Jane Seymour event and she will get to paint a mural with him so we are excited for that. Is there a website where they post these events or do you just know from going there? I would love to know about future events, especially for when I actually HAVE a tank set up!
Kath

Originally Posted by King_Neptune
http:///forum/post/2970240
then stop there. too much already
Craigs list has WAY better deals. keep your eyes open. rule of thumb. a tank is worth about $1 per gallon under 120gal. over that and its $2-3 per gallon. anything used is defiantly not worth more than %50. lights are about 1/3 price. i typically see used equipment go for abut 1/4 retail price. you can find closeout sales on last years models all the time, so why not get last eyars model at a %40 discount...and have it brand new.
bottom line. keep your eye out for good deals, this one is not.

Thank you for that info!!

Kath