FOWLR Lighting recommendation?

madwabbit23

My lighting system on my 150g fowlr sucks - one 48" 40watt that is the
50%blue+50%white bulb ...pardon my lack of knowledge about lighting.
Recommendations as to what I should be looking for in a lighting system? How many watts? What colors for a fish only?

rotarymagic

2 or 4 bulb T5HO... individually reflecte if possible... bright light and not alot of watts. Get one 10,000k bulb and one actinic or two of each. It'll look sharp.

madwabbit23

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2869106
2 or 4 bulb T5HO... individually reflecte if possible... bright light and not alot of watts. Get one 10,000k bulb and one actinic or two of each. It'll look sharp.

See, im totally new to lighting systems - always bought mine "ready to go" on past tanks. What is T5HO?, and what is actinic?
Right now I have a setup that houses 1 bulb only, and is 48" long. Probably need to find a housing for 2 or 4 bulbs? I see a lot of posts about T5 bulbs, do I ask for them by that name? "Joe, get me a pair of T5 bulbs 48" long?"

mboswell1982

ok, check out current usa t5ho lighting, nova extreme, 48" fixture, it will come with mounting legs and everything, saltwater version, 2x54w, 110 bucks, including shipping

madwabbit23

Perfect! thanks for the advice guys! Found it for 129.99 at a specific site, im still looking for that 110 :p thanks again!

mboswell1982

np man, glad i could help out, now if only the deal im workin on tomorrow goes through, i will be one super happy camper, let me tell you