FOWLR to reef...adding live rock?

katiev

So it looks as if I'll be getting a 55 gallon that is currently being used as a FOWLR. I'm going to transfer my livestock from my 10g reef.
The tank needs more sand and more rock. So my question is: would it be acceptable to add the sand over the current sandbed, let it settle, then add the uncured live rock? I'm assuming this would start another cycle. My other option would be to cure the rock myself and then add it to the tank; but wouldn't that just be the long way around, if I need to add sand anyway and don't intend to add fish/coral until I've added all my lr/sand? The tank is coming with a couple fish, but they are inappropriate for the tank and I'll be selling/trading them.
The tank already has a substantial amount of coraline -- would adding the lr/sand cause the coraline to die off/bleach out? If so, would it be better to just scrape it all and have the particles "seed" the tank for when it's ready for fish/corals?
Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

aztec reef

katiev said:
. So my question is: would it be acceptable to add the sand over the current sandbed, yes
then add the uncured live rock? I'm assuming this would start another cycle. My other option would be to cure the rock myself and then add it to the tank; but wouldn't that just be the long way around, if I need to add sand anyway and don't intend to add fish/coral until I've added all my lr/sand? The tank is coming with a couple fish, but they are inappropriate for the tank and I'll be selling/trading them.
either way you like to go it's fine.
The tank already has a substantial amount of coraline -- would adding the lr/sand cause the coraline to die off/bleach out? If so, would it be better to just scrape it all and have the particles "seed" the tank for when it's ready for fish/corals?
no it shouldn't die, i would live it alone for now..