FOXFACE Camo AWSOME!!!

jeffrey776

This is my Foxface named "Sparky" I love him, he has the most outgoing personality of any fish I've ever been around. I just got very lucky catching him in Camo mode

Let me know if you like the pic.
Jeff

mike22cha

I was under the impression the foxface gets that way when under stress? It always does that when I move it or get near the tank or do a water change, etc.

maelv

Mine would be like that EVERY morning....and late at night when it was sleeping.....trying to disguise itself from night predators maybe???
Either way, I think it looks cool...I never had it do that when I walked by the glass, but if I was in the tank doing something and come back around, it was always in it's spot with it's camo gear going... :)
I like it.

jeffrey776

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
I was under the impression the foxface gets that way when under stress? It always does that when I move it or get near the tank or do a water change, etc.

He goes camo each night at lights out. This night I was attempting to catch a destructive Camelback in my tank, Note: the glass bottle end in the lower right of the pic. I was given advice here to place food in a bottle to lure the shrimp. Anyway Sparky came out to see what was going on. He sat there about 3 or 4 minutes motionless, just long enough for me to grab my camera and get a couple of pics.
The one I posted is when he was most comoed I have 2 more each progressively more yellow. I'll post those a little while later.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by maelv
Mine would be like that EVERY morning....and late at night when it was sleeping.....trying to disguise itself from night predators maybe???
Either way, I think it looks cool...I never had it do that when I walked by the glass, but if I was in the tank doing something and come back around, it was always in it's spot with it's camo gear going... :)
I like it.
I think you're right about camoflodge itself from predators. Obviously I'm an a lot bigger fish
so it makes sense.

jeffrey776

Originally Posted by Jeffrey776
He goes camo each night at lights out. This night I was attempting to catch a destructive Camelback in my tank, Note: the glass bottle end in the lower right of the pic. I was given advice here to place food in a bottle to lure the shrimp. Anyway Sparky came out to see what was going on. He sat there about 3 or 4 minutes motionless, just long enough for me to grab my camera and get a couple of pics.
The one I posted is when he was most comoed I have 2 more each progressively more yellow. I'll post those a little while later.

Here ya go.