Foxface Discolored and rapid breathing

stuntmanjp

Problem,
I have a 75 gallon saltwater tank with a regal tang, maroon clown, yellow wrasse, and a foxface rabbitfish. I also have many crabs and snails, and cleaner shrimp. The problem i have is that my foxface seems to be very discolored and has very rapid breathing. he still swims around and eats like normal, but i dunno what is wrong with him. i just battled a case of it that affected my tang but was able to rid him of that. could that be it? the only reason i dunno is cuz when the tang was completely covered in it the foxface was fine. it wasnt until i moved my tank to my father's house that the foxface started to get sick. it seems like he has blotches on him body and big bumps(not small white spots like ich). What is wrong????
please help!
justin :help:

S

sykomagnet

Could be the first signs of ich.
My fish didnt even have white spots either, they had green moss, but it all starts with them looking very uncomfortable and rapid breathing.
I'd get some stuff right away, and TURN OFF YOUR PROTEIN SKIMMER AND REMOVE ANY CARBON FILTERS BEFORE ADDING THE STUFF!
(that was my downfall...)

carshark

ive seen those "bumps" you are talking about they look almost like pimples, but i could never get any ID on them, noone knew about it, no LFS' no books, internet, nothing, he had them for about 2 days after an outbreak of ick i had in my tank, but they just went away. never to return, and as far as the heavy breathing, something is stressing him out, i know that foxface's are very hardy, but can get stressed out easily, especially when you clean, water change or add new fish. I only had one person say that it could be like cauliflower but then again he has never shown a sign of it since so i dont know, but it may just be how he shows ich, did you look at his fins on the side of his body? did they have ick in them? thats when i saw them he had ich, but he ce cured himself, and now i am doing hyposalinity and killing the ick they have definitely gone.. good luck

carshark

i dont think thats what he means though, i would think he has observed the "skeleton" look that foxfaces get when they sleep or stress out, but i think i know what he is talking about.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How long has it been since the move?
When is the last time you added fish to your tank?
What are your water readings?

stuntmanjp

yea i know about the color changes he does that all the time so dont worry bout that but yea i moved the fish on tuesday and this started that i noticed about friday morning. i havent added any fish in about a month maybe more....
justin