Foxface help

shinobi9119

I just got a foxface and it was delayed shipping so naturally it's stressed. But day two and it's still not eating. I don't know what to think yet. I have some algae sheeets and a vegi frozen food I think it's formula 2. Anything I can try to entice it to eat? Anyone else have this situation?

C

cmaxwell39

Give it a little time as it may still be way freaked out by the stress of shipping. Mine eats anythig that hits the tank from algae sheets to frozen mysis. Try a variety of things. My experience with them is that they are pretty tough so hopefully yours will get comfortable and start eating. Good luck.

deejeff442

+1 foxface is very hardy.
put some garlic juice on the food to intice him.
i wouldnt worry about him eating ,if he dont eat after the first week then i would start to worry.
foxface is a scaredy cat to begin with.
he will settle down.

My foxface, did not eat for 3 days when I first got him the LFS, so he will come around in a day or so.. Mysis shrimp and Alge sheets... possible even Spirulia Flakes as well. Foxface are extremely hardy ,so I should say like others, once he gets over being a scared, he is will fine...

briand7878

No, mine is a majestic I believe. Well at least thats what swf told me when i bought it. ha ha What part of Indiana are you from thats where im at?

shinobi9119

update. The day i tried garlic juice, i left for work n came back to the algae sheet all gone. And now i actually see him eating stuff so he is doin good. He is actually at the shell lookin for now now haha.
thanks all
any other things i could feed him, for future reference?

C

cmaxwell39

I'm glad to hear that he is eating now. He will graze on the live rock in the tank. You should probably continue to feed algae sheets, but mine also eats mysis, and formula one and two flakes that I feed my other fish. Mine has not been a picky eater at all. In fact he eats just about anything that hits the water. HTH

Originally Posted by BRIAND7878
http:///forum/post/2890517
No, mine is a majestic I believe. Well at least thats what swf told me when i bought it. ha ha What part of Indiana are you from thats where im at?
Majestic/Metallic/Magnificant... All the same critter... I live in Eastern Indiana, near the OH State Line. I am getting a 75/90 in less than 2 weeks at this point, and I am planning on adding one to my tank... A LFS that I shop at has one, but they want 189.00 for him andhe is basically full grown. I realy like seeing the fish "grow" up myself.

Originally Posted by Shinobi9119
http:///forum/post/2892041
update. The day i tried garlic juice, i left for work n came back to the algae sheet all gone. And now i actually see him eating stuff so he is doin good. He is actually at the shell lookin for now now haha.
thanks all
any other things i could feed him, for future reference?

Well mine will also eat the Spirula Flakes, Brine Shrimp, Mysis Shrimp, Ghost Shrimp LOL. While they are 70% Herbivore the are still 30% Carnivore. Glad to hear that he is doing much better.....