Foxface in trouble - skin missing

roboticfish

Hello,
Recently my foxface started to lose his skin on both sides and his tail just faded to nothing. I'm not sure what to do as all my levels are fine.
I have a foxface, diamond goby, and lion fish.
75G about 3 years old.
Amon = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 80
ph = 8.2
Not sure what to do as ive tried garlic xtreme.
Diet is Mysis, Brine, Seaweed, and silversides.
Thank you in advance.

mr. limpid

It looks like bacteria infection, also who is eating his tail? nitrates are really bad, you need to get him in a QT tank and start treatment. Look at Beth's post for treating bacteria infections in the Disease form.

roboticfish

OK i read Beth's article and also went to the store and got antibiotic.
Added medicine to QT and moved fish over.
Also removed carbon.

mr. limpid

Hope he makes it, keep test water perms, while he is in QT. good water quality is a must during medicating.

mr. limpid

You really don't wont to added other chemicals while treating. Don't get me wrong stress is good but its to late time to treat the infection. You don't wont the stress coat blocking the medication from getting to the infection too.

flower

That makes sense. Poor fish...I hope he makes it...fingers crossed and even a little prayer for his recovery

roboticfish

He is still alive and eating but his skin hasnt gotten any better but not any worse either.
I continued to use the medicine as directed and also did two water changes as the medicine directed also giving him abit of garlic with his dinner.
Any idea's?
Also i noticed i have some what of a aiptasia outbreak. i see about 7-10 little guys about the size of a piece of rice. Can i add a few shrimp with my Foxface, Lionfish and Diamond Goby or will they be dinner?
Thanks, J

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboticFish http:///t/391787/foxface-in-trouble-skin-missing#post_3477254
He is still alive and eating but his skin hasnt gotten any better but not any worse either.
I continued to use the medicine as directed and also did two water changes as the medicine directed also giving him abit of garlic with his dinner.
Any idea's?
Also i noticed i have some what of a aiptasia outbreak. i see about 7-10 little guys about the size of a piece of rice. Can i add a few shrimp with my Foxface, Lionfish and Diamond Goby or will they be dinner?
Thanks, J
I would add the peppermint shrimp before the aptasia gets any worse. Tiny/little ones are what they like to eat.
Oh never mind...you have a lionfish...they eat the shrimp, time to get some Joes juice or aptasia X.