Foxface losing "yellow" color

rtzx9r

Hi,
I have had a medium sized foxface for about a month now. He eats pellets and nips algae in my tank, but it seems like some f his body has lost it's bright yellow color and is more or a white.
He is in a 60 gallon, with a clown, bar goby, two yellow chromis, black trigger, and some corals. Water parameters:
salinity 1.025
ph 8.2
calcium 450
alkalinity 10
phosphate 0
ammonia 0
nitrate <1
on a chiller at 77/78 with VHO lighting and >100 lbs live rock.
Do I need to feed him algae sheets or something else?
Thanks!!

snakeblitz33

As far to my knowledge, foxfaces are omnivores, so feed both algae and meaty foods.
Also, he's a bit white because he's stressed. Watch to make sure your black trigger isn't picking on him.
Make sure he is eating well too. Foxfaces - once they feel like they may be dying - will hide and die really deep in rocks and you may never find em'. I've had a 6" foxface die in a 100g and I could not find him for the life of me!!!

rtzx9r

Thanks. He is out eating, swimming, andacting normal except for the coloring.
He does look a bit skinny, but not too terribly bad. I will get some algae sheets this weekend for him.
And the trigger is roughly half the size of the fox.

ifirefight

Mine did the same thing...not really sure why. He still does not seem to have the FULL yellow that others I have seen...I have had him for 2 years and hes fat as a hog..just not really yellow. BTW go to Publix in the Sushi section and buy the Nori (seaweed) sheets to feed your fish. Better stuff than you get from the LFS and cheaper.

hmcklveen

i know that if i don't feed the alge sheets almost everyday then mine will start to fade his color. I think that if they aren't getting enough greens they do that. I feed the emeral entree so it has a mixture of meat and greens and i feed alge sheets to him. I also use zoe for added nutrition.

bigleman

my foxface wont even pay attention to the algae sheets
he just eats the brine/cyclops that i feed the rest of my fish

drakken

My Foxface changes colors all the time. Yes, they are omnivores but they do best with lots of veggies - both dried sheets and macro algae.