Foxface problem???

chessie

Hi everybody -
Have had this 'Foxface' for about 4wks now & all has been well til a couple of days ago. Here's the deal. Noticed 4 small brown dots on one side (all in a line). Didn't think to much of it as I have to Banded Coral Shrimps that get a little feisty if somebody gets to near - thought maybe it got nicked. Today, I noticed that he/she's lost some color & there seems to be a reddish hue toward the rear. Appetite good & still very active. Anybody have any ideas??? Any help is appreciated. Thanks - Chess

veskas

For now, if eating well & swimming well, I wouldn't be too worried. Foxface is notorious for changing color, getting spots, etc., especially at night. I wouldn't be concerned.

lar

with this fish like most but more acute with the foxface. The first three days is hugh. Foxface spook real easy and will just roll over and die. I have spoke to many fish keepers about this fish, they all have had a story about a foxface buying the farm in those first three days, The fish keepers I know have decades in the business I have had two, both died in 24 hours. Other fish were doing fine. Your doing great.

kris

Have you removed this fish yet??-If he is the same or worse get a qt and put him in it.

I have a foxface and he gets spots on him alot if they are alarmed they change colors your fish if fine. Just something to know their fins have poisnes ends and that is how they protect themselves (no big bully fish will pick on him) Enjoy!
Originally posted by Chessie:
Hi everybody -
Have had this 'Foxface' for about 4wks now & all has been well til a couple of days ago. Here's the deal. Noticed 4 small brown dots on one side (all in a line). Didn't think to much of it as I have to Banded Coral Shrimps that get a little feisty if somebody gets to near - thought maybe it got nicked. Today, I noticed that he/she's lost some color & there seems to be a reddish hue toward the rear. Appetite good & still very active. Anybody have any ideas??? Any help is appreciated. Thanks - Chess