Foxface question

pogi pants

Ok, I've read that you can't mix 2 diff kinds of rabbitfish in the same aquarium, but you can keep the same kind of rabbitfish together. Now my question is, can i keep a foxface and a magnificent foxface together? they're identical in shape, just their colors are diff.

pogi pants

well that's good news. so it should be fine with a magnificent foxface as well. i'll give it a try. Thanx.
p.s. i like ur avatar

bellanavis

Thanks, Ilike yours too. I acualy copied mine from someones on this site, I hope that was ok, and that it did not make them mad. It was a few years ago, but I still feel bad, lol.

jam1e

NO!!!!!!!!!!! .. don't attempt this . I made the same mistake myself .. and trust me .. the fish had plenty of room .. I had a one spot fox face rabbitfish in my 210 gallon and I added a magnificent foxface and the one spot fox face tortured the magnificent to its death .. don't mix these two unless you have a HUGE tank ..

pogi pants

whoa! :scared: thanks for the warning.
that would've been an expensive mistake. i have a 125g so if that happened in a 210g i bet the same would happen in mine.

kevin34

Does anyone know the minimum tank size for a magnificent foxface? Is it the same as the one spot? Are their care levels and behavior the same?