Foxface Rabbitfish Quesiton

F

fishlovr

I bought a small (4 inch) foxface a few days ago. He was eating New Life Spectrum pellets at the LFS. To date, he won't eat anything else. He does peck at the LR in the aquarium but since it's a new tank there is not much macro algae. I added dried Nori on a clip and he hasn't shown any interest in it. Would he be able to eat some of the razor caulerpa in my 58 gallon sump? Anyone know what type of caulerpa would be good for him? I have a little start of feather caulerpa in a nano reef.....would this be good? I know that they need "greens" in their diet to do well, so please advise......TIA
Janey

luckyk0505

My FoxFace basically Ate everything... he is hardy fish..
when My cycle broked down.. even demsel was gone.. and he
was the only one survived... try some frozen food and
Sea alage and some flakes

jumpfrog

Here's another feeding technique I use with my foxface. Take a piece of nori and use a rubber band to attach it to a small piece of lr. Drop in the tank and watch. If your foxface is picking at the rocks for bits of algea he may do the same thing to the rock with nori. More natural than an algea clip.
Good Luck!

F

fishlovr

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.......hopefully he will settle in to the quarantine tank and do well. I want him to be eating well before I add him to the main display tank......
Janey

F

fishlovr

I'm going the the LFS tomorrow for a few things.....I'll check out the trigger formula:)
Janey