Foxface Rabbitfish - Unhappy and Hiding

unleashed

id dare to say your ph is still a tad high you should bring it down to around 8.3 if your tank is fluctuating in temp alot during night time periods i would say bring temp down to a nice 78 .. mine also hides most of the time when people are in the room with her however if she sees her can of fish food(kelp flakes) she flies out of her rock and turns bright yellow... as for distilled water this should not be used at all .. as the process of distillation also removes the oxygen.
Distilled water has virtually all of its impurities removed through distillation. Distillation involves boiling the water and then condensing the steam into a clean container, leaving nearly all of the solid contaminants behind, you would be better off using tap water if you have no other means to get ro water..

dse

just to let you know the "foxface" changes colour for camo against preds and for anything that scares them so remember just because it changes colour don't meen it's bad just meens HOLY CRAP BIG THINGY WANTS TO GET ME!!!!!

unleashed

Originally Posted by dse
http:///forum/post/2853584
just to let you know the "foxface" changes colour for camo against preds and for anything that scares them so remember just because it changes colour don't meen it's bad just meens HOLY CRAP BIG THINGY WANTS TO GET ME!!!!!
true but they shouldnt remain in camo mode at all times the bright splotching coloration is a warning signal fins flaired etc.. this means back off im venomous once the offender of what ever has caused this has passed they should go back to a normal coloring of bright yellow .. it should not be in camo mode 24/7