foxface - yellow tang problem..

99slvr35th

First off my fish stock is in my previous post, and here is the problem. I tried adding a foxface yesterday about 5-6" but as soon as he hit the water my yellow tang was all over him, i left them for about 1/2 hr but the tang wouldn't stop so i put the tang in a rice strainer, lol, to calm him down over night but when i let him out this morning he was all over him immediately, so i put him back in the strainer, when i get home maybe I'll rearrange the tank and let him out again. Is there anything else I can do or can't these 2 live together because of the color.
btw - the tang has been in the tank for almost 3 years now and I haven't added a fish for about 2 years. And the triggers are not even phased by the foxface.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help...

windlasher

my yellow does that whenever I add something... "except the 8" lion" he aint stupid... anyway, it happened for about three days, and then calmed down. i occassionally see him and other jockeying for space (this is a 220 Gal) but now they pretty much ger along.

99slvr35th

When i got home and let him out the strainer the tang was even worse, I guess time out didn't work. I guess after 3 years he dhas some senority. I took the foxface back to the LFS last night and got a lion, no one bothered him, I hope it stays that way, the last time I had a lion someone took a chunk out of his neck and decapitated him, hopefully this one lasts.
thanks for the reply