Foxface

jtoz116

Hey,
I just recently added a Foxface Lo to my 75 gallon. I had it for a couple days now and its eating habits are great but its color isnt back to normal yet. I heard that it needs time to adjust but I just wanted to make sure....
Thanks

blemmy_guy

I have one and dont worry, there color will change when there stressed and also when there sleeping, mine hides in some rocks and sleeps, and turns all kinda weird loking, but hes been doing that since day 1 , had him about 6 months. Todd

bustedup21

Mine does the same. Just my advice they love the packaged green seaweed. A tank clip will hold. It is hilarious watching as my foxface, yellow tang, and algae blenny push each other around trying to get their share,
Be careful with their spines becasue they are poisonous. I have been poked once just slightly and it stung like fire was in my hand. I iced it for a couple of houris before it settled down.
Steve

bang guy

Originally posted by bustedup21
I iced it for a couple of houris before it settled down.

Next time try running hot water over the sting. As hot as you can stand. Ice doesn't do anything.
My Pencil-Streaked does a similar coloration thing.

jtoz116

Thank you for all the help! I have been feeding my Foxface green seaweed actually. He devours that thing! Thanks again