Foxface

dfreeman64

130 g tank. 7 months old and stocked with 3 yellow tangs one clown and her anemone and a flame hawk. Want to add the Fox. Any issues???? no additions for 2 months, tank very stable and all numbers are good. Thanks for any tips
Dewayne

clown boy

YYYYYIIIIIIIIKES! I just noticed that Rabbitfish are VENOMOUS! :scared: What do you do if you have to catch them or give them a freshwater dip or something?

jdboy

Does anyone know if a Foxface will eat Calerpa algae? I've been battleing this stuff for a year now.

lion_crazz

Yes, a foxface should pick at caulerpa algae.
dfreeman, the only issue you may have is with the yellow tangs. You would just need to make sure you find an aggressive foxface to put in your tank.

ginarox

and the fox face is venomous ,,,you probably new that , but i thought i would throw that out there,,,have a great day,,,i have one, and i like him.... :jumping:

granny

I just added a foxface to my tank to eat the out of control caluerpa that my Yellow tang only picks at.
The tang does bully him, probably because they are both primarily vegetarians.
The Foxface has been in there for 4 days now and he is still hiding unless I put food inthe tank, then he darts out, eats a quick bite and retreats.
Watch yours with the Tangs. The Fox is very non-aggressive. Mine does raise his dorsal fin as a warning, but the Tang swims by and slashes at him with his tail spine. He also wiggles his way backwards till he drives the fos backinto his cave.
If the aggression does not diminish in another day or so, I will probably remove the Tang for a few days.

saltfan

Originally Posted by Granny
I just added a foxface to my tank to eat the out of control caluerpa that my Yellow tang only picks at.
The tang does bully him, probably because they are both primarily vegetarians.
The Foxface has been in there for 4 days now and he is still hiding unless I put food inthe tank, then he darts out, eats a quick bite and retreats.
Watch yours with the Tangs. The Fox is very non-aggressive. Mine does raise his dorsal fin as a warning, but the Tang swims by and slashes at him with his tail spine. He also wiggles his way backwards till he drives the fos backinto his cave.
If the aggression does not diminish in another day or so, I will probably remove the Tang for a few days.
My recommendation for this kind of behavior is to add a Foxface that is bigger than the YT, being as the Foxface will become bigger than the YT anyways, this will dampen his ideas on picking on the Foxface. I have both, and the FF is a hellofalot bigger than the YT, so they never get into each others way.

saltfan

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
YYYYYIIIIIIIIKES! I just noticed that Rabbitfish are VENOMOUS! :scared: What do you do if you have to catch them or give them a freshwater dip or something?
Catch em with a big net, the kind that is tightly woven.