Foxface

khoi29

I just brought a Foxface fish. Its been about 5 days now . All it does is hide all day . I be lucky if I get to see it for a few second before it goes and hide again. Is this normal for a Foxface?

mcbdz

I agree. This is very normal. If you are like I am and spend lots of time just staring at your tank, and when you feed use your hand and hold food under the water. It will get use to you and eat out of your hand. I've noticed they don't like movement around the tank.

darthsimon

I just got one today at the local fish store... There were around 6 different specimens... I picked the biggest on for my 120.... He was also the most social with his tank mates, and ran for the test food pellets with gusto.... The others they had, some ate and some didn't.... Also the others seemed to hide alot... Mine is 5 inches and was roaming his tank, with a 5 Inch Blue Tang Hippo, and a few others....
I acclimated him, and after 90 minutes of that placed him in my tank, and he is doing wondful... My Kole usually bombards new tank mates, but being the Foxface is 2 inches larger, he is in place... Not one peep out of him... he swims the other way.... The Fox has displayed his spikes a few times and changed color... Freaked me out, he turned colors in the drip bucket... He ate Mysid and Bloodworms thus far....
Good Luck!!

mcbdz

Originally Posted by DarthSimon
With what was said above, be careful about your hand in the tank near him. His spikes are Venomous!!!
Yeah, I know, I should have mentioned it though, sorry. Mine always puts his spikes down when he come to eat out of my hand, but I do keep a close eye on her anyway.