Frag Packages

gmusick

Can someone out there help me acquire, what is really, my first corals. I would love it if someone could put me together 4 or 5 frags and sell them to me to start my reef habit. I currently have a 35 hex tank with about 40 lbs of live rock. Two of my rocks have a total of 4 mushrooms on them, 3 red and 1 watermelon. My water and my lighting is finally ready for me to have some corals, but I'd like some of the easier to manage. I don't know if these fit into the easy to manage category, but here is some of what I like:
Pulsing Xenia
Ricordia
frogspawn
different mushrooms
basically anything with color and moves in my current.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!
Glen in Atlanta

vlondi

Aye, I would like a piece of that action if the OP doesn't mind. If you do mind I can delete this and make a new thread.
My tank has been set up for a few months now and all water parameters have remained very stable for the entire time. I currently have 2 mushrooms that have tripled in size from when I first purchased them and a new ricordia polyp that has been in for almost a week now.
I'd like to get pretty much any type of coral frags people can offer including, but not limited to: frogspawn or hammer, colts, other colors of ricordia, trees, zoos, and many, many more. I would ask that you only offer things that could survive under 220w PC lights for a month or two; I have most of the money saved up for my MHs but am not quite there yet. One or two more paychecks and I'll have them.
vlondi@gmail.com if you need me email for prices. Thanks!

gmusick

I would love some. Just let me know what I need to do and how much. It's gorgeous stuff.
Glen in Atlanta

ssweet1

Thanks!! it is pretty stuff but I am having a hard time finding my fish with all this growth!! The xenia is $10.00 for a good size colony and the Kenya trees are $8 small or $15 large. Shipping to Atlanta is around $7-$8 bucks 2 days or $28 for next day I think 2 days would be fine the weather is nice. (I didnt have your zipcode to be exact.) 1-4 frags would ship for the same price because they would fit fine into the same box. Let me know if you want them attached to a small piece of rock or unattached so you can mount them onto your own liverock. Carrie

gmusick

My zip is 30024. I have a relatively small tank, so I don't want too many of the same kinds of coral. I think maybe 1 or 2 xenia frags, depending on their size, and 1 small kenya tree would be a good start. I am not too sure how to attach them myself, so I guess I would like them attached to a small piece of rock. I haven't bought from someone online before, so how would I pay you? Send a check? Paypal?
Thanks!
Glen

ssweet1

If your tank is small, I would just go with one of the xenia because my colonies are a good size or should I say supersized and they will keep growing when you get them if you want them to be on a certain rock just place them near it and within a couple weeks they will be on it!! the tree corals are slower growing but will grow also. The total would be $24.75 to paypal account SSweet96@comcast.net. It will take 2 days from when I ship it so whenever your ready let me know and I will ship them out when Fed Ex has its last pick up so they wont sit there all day. Thanks, Carrie

ssweet1

I have heard both, that they ship fine and then also that they are hard to ship. these colonies I have are big established colonies I cant seem to kill them no matter what, and he lives in Atlanta- good weather. I am willing to refund the cost of the coral if it doesnt make it because I am new to shipping these. I know this is risky because someone could just say yeah they all died but I am taking the risk that if I am honest and fair then so will the person buying from me. Oh and I love zoos and mushrooms do you ever trade or come up here to Jax.? Carrie

ssweet1

I have plenty of xenia in the picture let me know your zipcode for exact price ( Atlanta was $7-$8) and if you want it attached to a small piece of rock or unattached with styrofoam (so you can attach it to your own rock) Carrie

chelle

ssweet thanks my zip code in 31016. and I would like for you to attach it to a small rock.
Thanks
Chelle :happyfish

ssweet1

Chelle your shipping is $9.50 and would be next day. Total for one xenia and shipping is $19.50 Carrie

ssweet1

I have a gold tipped fragged onto piece of rock like whats in the picture however I can change it to plain pink if you'd rather have that because the Xenia attaches quickly if I frag it now it would be ready by shipping time Monday,just let me know. The pink looks just like the gold tipped but without the gold on the pulsing part. I will e-mail a picture of the pink frag I am sending nananurse. Carrie

gmusick

No, I see the pink around here pretty often. I do want the gold-tipped. I was just making sure. I see that your kenya trees went pretty quickly! I am glad I got one!! :joy:
Thanks!
Glen