Frag Swap Chattanooga TN July 23

pterois

2nd Bi-annual Chattanooga Frag Swap
Jointly hosted by the SE TN & N. GA and East Tennessee Reef Clubs
July 23 from 12-4:00 pm
Chattanooga State Technical Community College
Join fellow reefers from around the region for the 2nd installment of this event. As before, admission is free and everyone is encouraged to bring frags for trading and/or selling. Gently used equipment is also allowed. Label all equipment with your name and phone number. As with the last event, there will be a raffle held to help offset cost, and everyone is encouraged to bring donations to be raffled off. We also plan on having some donations from regional businesses for the raffle as well. Also, as an added bonus, we will be offering a fragging mini-workship for a nominal fee. Participants will leave the workshop with a frag of one of the colonies to be donated by LFS. Hope to see everyone there, old friends and new faces all!
If any commercial vendors are interested in setting up booths at this event or providing some form of sponsorship, please contact Dave Anderson at commiphora@comcast.net or Angela Schuck at Twoschucks@msn.com.
Location: Chattanooga State Technical Community College - 4501 Amnicola Highway
From Highway 75, take the Highway 153 Chickamauga Dam/Airport exit. Follow Hwy. 153 to Amnicola Highway, and turn left at the top of the ramp. CSTCC will be about one mile on your right. Go past the first guard station, and the road curves to the right. Turn into the first left at the 2nd guard station to the main parking lot. Follow the signs on the main entrance door. There are only 3 steps and is handicap accessible. Additional directions and maps can be found at mapquest or randmcnalley.com.

C

c&j

I am new to this message board & was excited when I saw about the swapmeet.
My DH is away for business in Chicago & I cant wait to tell him about the this! He will be excited to see something is going to be close by that we can go to! Cant wait!
Jami

sailfin

Welcome to the boards Jami. I went to this last year and had a great time. This year sounds like it is going to be even better.

C

c&j

Thank You for the welcome greeting Sailfin.
I am excited to get to go to the swap..It is the day after my b/d, so maybe Ill find some good b/d gifts..lol... :cheer: :happy:

mantis81

Hey everyone. I am new to the hobby and have never been to a frag swap, so I'm a little confused. Do I have to bring frags to swap, or can I just come to buy? :confused: Sorry if this sounds dumb. Thanks. :D

evilss

i will probably be attending. i may even drag mantis81 with me. how many people usually show up to these things? this will be by first one as well. i cant wait. thanks for letting us know.

sailfin

The one that was held last year was great and it did not have as much advertising as this year's. You do not have to bring anything to swap. Just be sure to bring some cash though. They have door prizes for some great items. Last year one of the items was a JBJ nano cube!! Please come and have a great time!!

sailfin

Hey guys. If anyone is interested I have decided to sell my pinktail trigger. It has gotten to large for my system. This guy is better than a dog. Very friendly and loves attention. He/she has never bothered a snail, crab or any coral. Please let me know if you are interested and we can discuss pricing and/or trading.
Keep a reefin'

pterois

Sailfin is right, you don't have to bring a trade. There will be many items for purchase. I expect around 100 people over the entire day.

sailfin

Originally Posted by evilss
how much are frags to buy usually at these? this will be my first one and im very excited.

From the prices I have been seeing on another website they are ranging from $5.00 small frags to around $30.00 for large ones. The swap last year had about the same price range.

C

c&j

WE are getting ready to head out to the convention!!
See you all there!! :)
Jami :happy: :happyfish