Frag trade in portland area

q

I have a few pieces of LR that is probably 20 or so lbs and some green star polyps that I just fragged (small colony actually - about 5 inches long and 2 or so wide) and want to do some trading.
I live a few hours away but will be in the area some time soon.

M

mhplance

Sorry to say that I have nothing to trade as of yet...but I am near the Portland area and new to salt water tanks and acces. I have just acquired a 55 gal. tank with a eel. I am looking for someone in my general area with knowledge and product of other things that I can add to my tank. Any help would be appreciated.

hondo

Mhplance, there is a reef club in Portland. they have a message board on the reeftank.com site under PNWMAS. check it out as they have a meeting next sunday (they meet monthly).

q

BTW I also have some green montiporah and a candy cane coral frag.
I was in a hurry when I posted and went and forgot these others.

reefriot

hey Q
where about in oregon are you? if your a few hours from portland are you east or south? i'm over in central oregon(near Bend) i have some acropora yongie(green slimer)and acropora nana to trade. i'm interested in the monti, is it just plain green or does the edge have a differant color? i'd be interested in the candy cane to. i will be leaving for the valley on friday nite and plan to attend the club meeting sunday at coral visions. if your near my route over and want to trade i have a tank to keep anything in until i get home. drop me an email at vulkum@msn.com
aaron

q

I am in Milton-Freewater.
The guy I got it from called it a slimmer too. It has white tips.
I would like to do some trading. I'll try to update my pics this weekend and show you what I have got.
My wife has family in sisters so we might just have to visit them;)

reefriot

hey Q
i'm actually in redmond so its right on your way. i've down sized from a 90gal to a 18gal nano, but i will be getting in some hawaiian macro algae and a few other things in the next week for my grow out system if your interested in any. i can let you know exactly whats in. good to see others in the high desert in this hobby, keep in touch.
aaron

M

mhplance

Hey reefriot....
can you give me more info on these meetings. I just got a tiny bit of information on the fact that they even have them and would really think of attending if I knew when and were. i am new to the whole saltwater tank thing but am enjoying it so far and would love to get some expert help on it.

M

mhplance

Thanks a ton for the info reefriot....unfortunatly I will have to pass on this meeting since I am working. Hopefully I can plan ahead and make the next one.