Fraggin a elephant ear shroom

chef jaysen

Is fraggin a elephant ear mushroom as easy as the smaller varieties? This thing is like 12 inches wide. And if I frag it do I need a piece of the center or a random outer edge? Thanks for helping........:help:

ryebread

Originally posted by chef jaysen
And if I fag it do I need a piece of the center or a random outer edge?

I'm not touching that one!

Honestly I'm really not sure how you would go about fragging an elephant ear mushroom......I'm kinda interested myself. We have some at work that are entering the 24" range.

chef jaysen

Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about the shroom. I love mine it seems to grow at an amazing rate. It actually got so big that one half of the shroom got sucked into the power head and eaten up. The amazing thing is it all grew back in almost a month ish. I guess that answers my question but I am still nervous about cutting it. I will try on my smaller ones for now untill someone else replies good news. Any other elephant ear stories out there?

daisy

Sounds to me like you have your answer already. The question is whether the part that you take off the side will become another individual. If all you want to do is control growth though, then you've already got your answer because of what happened to your shroom.