fragging a kenya tree

guzman825

i need help on how to frag a kenya tree. what is the easyest way to frag a kenya tree??
post a video or pic please......or answer.

metweezer

Originally Posted by guzman825
http:///forum/post/2666944
i need help on how to frag a kenya tree. what is the easyest way to frag a kenya tree??
post a video or pic please......or answer.
Mine fragged itself. I thought that one half of it was dying as it was just drooping. Well it fell to the sand and now I have a few baby branches attaching themselves to my LR rubble.

nano reefer

okay, before you pull it out, you will need:
a rock to put it on
a razor blade
super glue
a low flow spot in the tank to put it
get your kenya tree, and slice off what size frag you want. place a fair amount of glue where the tissue was cut on the frag. so, you are putting the glue on the flat side of the cut (usally you will see small holes in the tissue). then place it on the new rock and hold it for about 5 secs, or until it has secured. then put it in a low flow spot in your tank. after 1-2 weeks it should have attached itslef onto the rock and it is ready to put in a suitable spot. it helps to put it in a cup to keep it stable, this will hlp it attatch itself faster.

nwdyr

I found the glue was hard to attach due to the slime factor

I cut mine and put it on a flat piece os LR covered it with "veil netting" (find at any craft store) then place a rubber band on the edges of the rock , not on the Kenya itself. Also make sure it is tight enough to hold it down but not to tight. then place it in a low flow area. Check it in 1-2 weeks and it should attach itself. This is not the only way but it worked well for me
sorry no pic's but the frag has grow (approx 2 months) large enough that I am going to now frag the frag! good luck^ post some pic's after you frag it!