Fragging a toadstool. help

nissan577

thanks man. but it has 3 base at the bottom. like its 3 toadstools in a tiny piece of rock. and i wanna get the middle piece since it small. i would like to snapp it off but i dont wanna damage the other leathers

nissan577

ok. I understand that. Thanks btw. But the thing is its 3 toadstools in a small piece of lr. But I wanna get the small toadstool that's in the middle. But the base/neck is connected with the mother toadstool. What do I do? Or do I cut a piece of the crown n tie it with a rubberband on a lr rubble

oceana

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2785165
ok. I understand that. Thanks btw. But the thing is its 3 toadstools in a small piece of lr. But I wanna get the small toadstool that's in the middle. But the base/neck is connected with the mother toadstool. What do I do? Or do I cut a piece of the crown n tie it with a rubberband on a lr rubble
just cut it my friend
they will be 100% ok. it may shrink up at first and slime up alot but a small cut like that will not hurt it one bit. just cut anything that connects the little one you want and then break the rock were you want it. you can even just peel it right off the rock and glue it to where ever you want it. they are great for fragging, super easy

spanko

Take a sharp blade and cut the middle one on the stalk as low as possible without cuttting the other two. Take the cut pc and put it on a pc of rock rubble tied on "LOOSELY" with a rubber band or pc. of fishing line. It will attach itself in a week or two.

mwxie

Frag them glue them on to a piece of live rock or frag plug (whatever your using) and yeah throw them back in.

Here what mine looked like after I was done fraging (the bridal veil was just in case they glue on 100%) There all doing good. Good Luck

oceana

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2788250
so if i glue the frag to a plug or anything just put it right back in the tank?

plop it on in.
PS: sticking the butt of the leather into a hole in a rock nice and tight is a better way to get it to atttach. i moved a toadstool last week fron a mother just like your doing. i peeled it u from the rock and stuck the end right in a hole of another rock. it has been 5 days since i did that and it is FULLY attached all the way around.
glueing can take a bit longer but still works.

spanko

Yup, same thing. Cut off a branch and do the same thing, dry and super glue to a pc. of rubble, rubber band lightly to a pc. of rubble, or shove in a crack in the rockwork.

nissan577

will it matter if once i glue it to put it back in my tank with the other corals? will affect my tank?
and if i buy plugs, how long do i wait to paste frags on them and put them in my tank?