Fragging ACANS, FAVIA, and similar corals

fishgeek01

I have a lot of experience with fragging all kinds of corals, with the exception of these types of encrusting stony corals. I am looking for any information about fragging them, the how to's the what not to do's, pictures sure would help while you are doing it, befores and afters..., my main question is are there ways to frag them without just cutting it in half or breaking the rock its on, can you get single polyps off the rock, how do you transfer them to other rocks, just put them next to each other? I am looking for the least time consuming way, but want the highest success rate I can get. I am looking to start fragging these types soon, so any help is appreciated. :happyfish

reefkprz

my buddy mat fraggs those all the time I will shoot him an e-mail and see if he has any tips for you.

fishgeek01

any other way, i would rather not just hack it in two. I was looking for alternatives, but appreciate the advise. My main concern is that the peice i am talking about fragging is attached to a rock that has encrusting montipora on it, the acan was a free bee maybe 10-12 polyps. I want to salvage the acan before the monti grows over it, or they start to fight...

teen

why not just build a barrier in between the two with LR rubble then pick up the LR rubble and sell it as the monti grows over it? if you think its gunna be too hard to get the acan out this will work better than losing the acan.